Using a remote server

AntR72

Using a remote server

Post by AntR72 »

Hello all,
I'm new to using MyMedia. I have my music stored on an azure server and if I set the Enable outside of location to Enable via push, it sort of works, I ask Alexa to play the music, it starts playing, but regularly stops playing part way through the first song and seems to keep doing the same thing.
I've tried Enable via Firewall NAT, opened up neccessary ports and despite it recieving the command, it doesn't play the music at all.

does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to why the enable via push keeps cutting out?

thank you

Antony
bizmodeller

Re: Using a remote server

Post by bizmodeller »

Firewall NAT should be a bit more reliable as it's a lot more simple. If this doesn't work then it's usually firewall related; if it's running in Azure you'll need an Azure f/w rule as well as one on the local server. If you can send us an email with logs then we can look into this more.

Enable via Push can be used where you have no control over the firewall. In this case, we proxy the media via an interim server. This can have issues if there is high latency between the client / server / our servers. Again, we'd need some logs to look into the exact issue further.