Artist Web View

harmonyjimn

Artist Web View

Post by harmonyjimn »

I'm a new user. I just bought iHomeserver yesterday.

In Artist view, when I click on an artist, I get the album cover of one of the artist's albums and all of the artists's tracks from all albums, in alphabetical order. In Album view, I get all of my albums in alphabetical by title.

In iTunes, in Artist view, all of the albums for each artist are displayed in alphabetical order, separatley with track list in alphabetical order accompanied by the respective album covers.

In iHomeserver, the only way I can display all of an artist's albums is to do a search for the artist in Album view. If Album view could be sorted in alphabetical order by album title within artist (as in iTunes), I would have what I have in iTunes Album view.

I want to browse and quickly see all the albums for each artist, both through Album View and Artist View. In Artist view, I would like to click on an an artist and see all of his/her/their album covers, then click on the album cover to see the tracks and perhaps play them.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I haven't copied my file into the iTunes directory. would that make a difference?

Is there any way to do what I want to, with the Artist view? Or sort Album view alphabetically by album title, within artist?

What attracts me to iHome server is the impressive Now Playing screen. So it will work well for playlists. Just not for browsing to find albums by a certain artist. I have 845 albums. Unless, I'm a newbie idiot and I'm doing something wrong. :)

Thanks
bizmodeller

Re: Artist Web View

Post by bizmodeller »

You're right - this feature isn't provided yet, but it should be easy enough to add.

I've added this as a feature request - you can track it's progress here: http://bugs.bizmodeller.com/view.php?id=308

thanks
harmonyjimn

Post by harmonyjimn »

Thanks.
harmonyjimn

Post by harmonyjimn »

When you do this, can you show the compliation albums, the artist is part of, as well all of the albums actually released by the artist?

Thanks
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Yup should be ok
tomma

Post by tomma »

Can anyone tell me where this request is? Seems like it's been on the to do list for quite a while.

Thanks
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

This turned out to be more complex than we had anticipated. It is still being worked on but unlikely to be sorted for another few weeks.
tomma

Post by tomma »

Thanks. Good to know it's still on the table at least.