Watch Folder videos never convert via Handbrake - all fail

paulsayer

Watch Folder videos never convert via Handbrake - all fail

Post by paulsayer »

In my WHS2011 Ihomeserver (v.3.1.58) whenever i upload an AVI file (or other file I expect to be converted) to a watch folder, it always reports as a failure. The watch folder is set up to convert with handbrake and I have AVI as a setting in the conversion options etc.

I've also checked the files using the "check track with quicktime" and I get either of the the following messages

1. Error 2048 - Movie Not found. <<-- I can confirm they do !
2. No error message at all it just says: Quick Time Analysis: [Filename.extn] ->

Can anyone shed any light on this or give me a starting point for checking?

Thanks.
bizmodeller

Re: Watch Folder videos never convert via Handbrake - all f

Post by bizmodeller »

Two places to look:

1. Press the 'Messages' button on the iHomeServer Console and see whether you get any additional information there.

2. Failing that, I would look at the iHomeServer log files. You can find information about where they are located here: http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/ ... _files.htm

Search for lines beginning with the word HandbrakeConversionAgent

Or alternatively, please feel free to zip and email your log files to [email protected] and we'll take a look for you

thanks
paulsayer

Re: Watch Folder videos never convert via Handbrake - all f

Post by paulsayer »

I think I may have an answer, well more of an observation!

The server folders containing the video files are also mapped to folders on my desktop PC.

It seems when I save a file into the video folders using my desktop PC the conversion will fail. However if I log into the server (via RDC) and perform the same action, saving the exact same file to the same location, then the conversion is triggered and runs as it should.

I have no idea why this would be the case, unless saving the file on the server triggers some sort of special Event that is captured by iHomeServer which putting the file onto the server via a shared folder mapped from my desktop PC doesn't.... ?