Tagging - Auto and Manual search

hatfieldjf

Tagging - Auto and Manual search

Post by hatfieldjf »

If I try to auto-tag my file, none of them find a match in the search without my manual intervention. The file names are usually in this format "[movie name] (year) [MPAA rating].m4v"

For example, a file named "Clueless (1995) PG-13.m4v" was imported into iHomeServer and given the name "Clueless (1995) PG-13". When I then try to auto-tag or run the search from the "get info" dialog box it seems the entire name is being used by the search and no match is found. If I manual begin the search from the "get info" dialog box, but cancel it before it finishes (or wait till it finishes), and then change the "Name" field in the search criteria by removing the "(1995) PG-13", it will succeed in the search. This pattern has been true for all of the approximately 5 movies I've tried. :x

This will certainly be a slow process to complete a few hundred movies. :(

I can't seem to find a shorter path. If I give up on auto-tag, and simple go straight to Get-Info, I can't change the form of the name that will be searched until after clicking the "search web" button. And in that case, the search begins immediately and I must cancel it and wait several seconds for it to finish before I have the opportunity to change the name to a form that will be found in the database. EDIT: I Have found that I can make my change in the "name" field before clicking on search to shorten the process, with success.

I hope there is more help for my task somewhere. :?
Last edited by hatfieldjf on Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hatfieldjf

Re: Tagging - Auto and Manual search

Post by hatfieldjf »

Some additional information: The success I have after removing the year from the movie all seem to be coming from themoviedb.org, so I went to their site and did a test.

The intended search in entirety was "Ghostbusters (1984)".

When I type "Ghostbusters (" in the search bar, there are several suggested search titles displayed below the search box including several from the 1980's.

When I type "Ghostbusters (1" in the search bar, all but the 1984 dated suggestion disappears.

When I type "Ghostbusters (19" in the search bar, the 1984 suggestion disappears too, leaving no suggestions.

It would seem that there is some fault in the search capability of "themoviedb.org".

It is also interesting to note that the suggested searches include the full date of the title in the form [yyyy-mm-dd], but the resulting titles after the search is executed include the date in only the [yyyy] form.
bizmodeller

Re: Tagging - Auto and Manual search

Post by bizmodeller »

iHomeServer tries various permutations of the movie's filename when it tries to AutoTag. The exact permutations are:

1 Exact filename
2 Exact filename with numbers and brackets removed (to remove the date like in your example)-
3 Exact title embedded within the metadata of the track
4 Exact title with numbers and brackets removed

It goes through these in order until it finds a result or not.

Therefore, I think your issue is more about the PG-13 within the title rather than the date.

Fortunately, there's a workaround for this as iHomeServer will try to load a file called 'MetadataIgnoreWords.txt' from the iHomeServer program directory. In this file you can specify regular expressions that will be filtered out of the filename when iHomeServer performs its search. Therefore you could include the various parental rating strings that appear in your files.

You can find more information on how to do this here - http://www.bizmodeller.com/ihomeserver/ ... ookups.htm

Note that you can also see the various AutoTag attempts in the iHomeserver log file - you can find details of where the log file is here - http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer/ ... _files.htm

best wishes