Restrict Display of Album Artwork to Specific Dimensions

Ideas for new feature requests for iHomeServer
JeffBDVS

Restrict Display of Album Artwork to Specific Dimensions

Post by JeffBDVS »

I'd like to request the ability for the DLNA module of iHomeServer to force album artwork to specific pixel dimensions, e.g. 400x400 , 200x200, etc. The downscale-by-bytesize feature is useful in some ways, but it doesn't help if control devices or home devices won't display album artwork that has dimensions greater than a certain size. Thanks!

Jeff

PS - I sent this as a message to support before I realized this might be a better place for it. :oops:
bizmodeller

Re: Restrict Display of Album Artwork to Specific Dimensions

Post by bizmodeller »

Am looking into this - if you are getting intermittent issues due to the image size then we may not be correctly resizing images when they go over the DLNA spec. I'll look into this and if that's the case then we'll fix that and see whether you are still having an issue. If so, then we could potentially allow the maximum artwork size to be set within the DLNA profile (in transcodemap.xml)

Will get back to you
JeffBDVS

Post by JeffBDVS »

Thank you! It'll be interesting to hear what you find out.

Cheers,
Jeff
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

We have fixed a bug which was preventing artwork from being scaled correctly according to the DLNA spec. This has now been fixed and is available in version 3.1.66.0 or later.

Please let me know if it resolves your issue.

it is available on the pre-release section of the download page here - http://www.bizmodeller.com/ihomeserver/ ... nload.aspx
JeffBDVS

Post by JeffBDVS »

Perfect! :D
Problem solved! My largest album art images (>1000x1000) are displaying on my remote control device, which wouldn't display them before.

Thanks, and good job to all involved.

Cheers,
Jeff