TV Show actually Auto-Tagging, near Impossible

Ideas for new feature requests for iHomeServer
Brynnan

TV Show actually Auto-Tagging, near Impossible

Post by Brynnan »

Even though I use the almost religious standard for TV Shows, iHomeServer cannot seem to guess the name of the show, nearly ever.

I use the folder structure of:
TV Shows
Bewitched
Season 1
Show 1
Show 2
Season 2
etc.
This folder setup is standard for iTunes as well as pretty much every other program.

Since my file names are custom coded for my convienence (i.e. BEW101 I Darrin Take This Witch.m4v) iHomeServer cannot guess the series name for that. So it crawls up the folder hierarchy until it matches something, in this case "Season 1" always matches... so does "Season 2" and all the way up until higher numbered seasons. At that point it correctly tries to match on Bewitched.

My feature request is that if the folder is "Season #" it skips it for series matching and goes up to the next level. It could then use the lower Season folder to figure out the Season #, which it does pretty well on.

I would also like to see a "hint" file placed in the Bewitched folder (in this example) so the system will then be able to correctly determine Season 2, 3, 4, etc. without additional help.

PS: I would also like it to do a little better matching on the 101 or even by the text in the file name a little better, but that's for a later time.
bizmodeller

Re: TV Show actually Auto-Tagging, near Impossible

Post by bizmodeller »

Raised as http://bugs.bizmodeller.com/view.php?id=310

This is an excellent suggestion and will be implemented v shortly. Will post update soon. Thanks
bizmodeller

Re: TV Show actually Auto-Tagging, near Impossible

Post by bizmodeller »

This behaviour is now implemented in version 3.1.72.0 (and above) which you can download from the pre-release section of our normal download page (it's at the bottom of the page) - http://www.bizmodeller.com/ihomeserver/ ... nload.aspx