Tracks restarting on their own

Lozzy_uk

Tracks restarting on their own

Post by Lozzy_uk »

Hi,
does anyone else have the issue where midway through a track and with no interaction from the user, the track starts playing from the start again.
It happens often enough to be annoying, I just wondered if anyone else gets this behaviour?

thanks, Lozzy
agsteele

Re: Tracks restarting on their own

Post by agsteele »

I haven't noticed this but my use of the Alexa skill is now very reduced. The lack of support for stereo pairs/multi-room groups has been disappointing although not the fault of the devs.

In fact I'm reminded that my annual payment was due about the time the COVID-19 lockdown came around and I didn't get around to paying.

If I thought Amazon was going to do something useful then I'd pay to keep an interest. So far the only third-party skill I've seen offering stereo is from a group of radio stations in the UK. I don't know how they achieved it but I have multi-room access to their stations and not using TuneIn.

Andrew
kangocartman

Post by kangocartman »

I had that issue, If you haven't done so I recommend updating to the latest version it sorted it for me.
I agree the global player stations are the ones I'm able to use multi room on.
I have moved away from this as I now use the plex skill, it does exactly the same.
I will keep an eye on this skill and if the get the multi room Holy Grail then I will be back.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

BTW we have a lot of users who are finding stereo pairs now works. Multiroom is still not supported though.
agsteele

Post by agsteele »

bizmodeller wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 10:53 pm
BTW we have a lot of users who are finding stereo pairs now works. Multiroom is still not supported though.
What an interesting bit of news to creep in. Yes, it works for me too. Looking forward to Multiroom now.