Song repeats in playlist

dixonpr

Song repeats in playlist

Post by dixonpr »

Hi
When I say: "alexa ask mymedia to play <myplaylist> my playlist...it plays the first song and then then repeats it, until I say "alexa next" ….and then it plays the second song and repeat it".

Any ideas why?

Thanks
Patrick
bizmodeller

Re: Song repeats in playlist

Post by bizmodeller »

Which device are you playing on - is this a Sonos?

If so, this is a known issue with Sonos devices which we have raised to Sonos to resolve,
bwhm

Post by bwhm »

I'm having the same issue with Amazon Echo, but it's only been a problem maybe for a few months. Invariably the second song of a playlist repeats once, then continues on with the remaining songs. I don't have this repetition issue if, for example, I'm playing all songs by a particular artist, because I suppose that does not involve a playlist.
starkx

Post by starkx »

i have the same issue as the poster above,but when playing albums through an echo
Powel

Post by Powel »

starkx wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:33 am
i have the same issue as the poster above,but when playing albums through an echo
I set myMedia to shuffle mode and leave it but I find that multiple times a day MyMedia when playing albums will play a song twice in a row.
It seems to be random and does not matter what device im using
Chris

Post by Chris »

Powel wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:29 pm
starkx wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:33 am
I set myMedia to shuffle mode and leave it but I find that multiple times a day MyMedia when playing albums will play a song twice in a row.
It seems to be random and does not matter what device im using
A lot of my tracks repeat as well, so would love an answer on this.

How do you setup your shuffle on My Media please?
richaardvark

Post by richaardvark »

Same issue here, even with shuffle on. The only way to temporarily fix it for me is to restart my My Media server.
Chris wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:16 am
I can turn on shuffle by saying "Alexa, open My Media and turn on shuffle."
Chris

Post by Chris »

richaardvark wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:29 am
Same issue here, even with shuffle on. The only way to temporarily fix it for me is to restart my My Media server.
Chris wrote:
Thanks, how would you say it, if you wanted that on all echos in the house?
richaardvark

Post by richaardvark »

Chris wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:21 am
richaardvark wrote:
Chris wrote:
Well, two things here...

If you're talking about multi-room music playback (aka your My Media music playing back on shuffle across multiple Echo Dots in different rooms of your home at the same time) then you would only have to turn on shuffle for the one Echo Dot you have setup with speaker groups to play multiple music. Here are the instructions for the work around to be able to play your My Media music on multiple Echo devices at once if you need them. For myself, to keep things simple I have an extra Echo Dot setup in my home (named "Music Everywhere") that I leave permanently setup in a device group with the preferred playback speakers set to play on all of my Echo devices which I use solely for controlling multi-room music playback.

If you're just asking how would you turn shuffle on and off individually for My Media on each Echo device in your home well in theory you would request "Alexa, open My Media and turn on shuffle" from the device you desired to have shuffle mode enabled on however while it is true that My Media is able to play separate songs independently and simultaneously on different Echo devices, I believe that the shuffle setting is server wide and is simply "on" or "off" for your entire My Media server and all of your devices and cannot be enabled or disabled independently for each individual Echo device. I am not 100% certain that this is the case but I'm 99% certain that it is. So, if you request My Media to turn on shuffle on your kitchen Echo if you then go to your living room Echo and ask My Media to play music it is also going to be in shuffle mode because you enabled it already from the kitchen Echo and it's either on or off for all devices at the same time, I believe...
Chris

Post by Chris »

richaardvark wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:53 am
Chris wrote:
richaardvark wrote:

Well, two things here...

If you're talking about multi-room music playback (aka your My Media music playing back on shuffle across multiple Echo Dots in different rooms of your home at the same time) then you would only have to turn on shuffle for the one Echo Dot you have setup with speaker groups to play multiple music. Here are the instructions for the work around to be able to play your My Media music on multiple Echo devices at once if you need them. For myself, to keep things simple I have an extra Echo Dot setup in my home (named "Music Everywhere") that I leave permanently setup in a device group with the preferred playback speakers set to play on all of my Echo devices which I use solely for controlling multi-room music playback.

If you're just asking how would you turn shuffle on and off individually for My Media on each Echo device in your home well in theory you would request "Alexa, open My Media and turn on shuffle" from the device you desired to have shuffle mode enabled on however while it is true that My Media is able to play separate songs independently and simultaneously on different Echo devices, I believe that the shuffle setting is server wide and is simply "on" or "off" for your entire My Media server and all of your devices and cannot be enabled or disabled independently for each individual Echo device. I am not 100% certain that this is the case but I'm 99% certain that it is. So, if you request My Media to turn on shuffle on your kitchen Echo if you then go to your living room Echo and ask My Media to play music it is also going to be in shuffle mode because you enabled it already from the kitchen Echo and it's either on or off for all devices at the same time, I believe...
I was asking, related to your first paragraph and that is exactly what I do, but every so often, about once an hour on average, a track will play twice, one after the other.
richaardvark

Post by richaardvark »

Chris wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:52 pm
richaardvark wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:53 am
Chris wrote:

Well, two things here...

I was asking, related to your first paragraph and that is exactly what I do, but every so often, about once an hour on average, a track will play twice, one after the other.
Same here, and probably more frequently than once per hour. It seems to happen most often for me when I am using multi-room music/playing My Media on multiple Echo devices. I think perhaps it's because one of the Echos might briefly drop connection or time out and this confuses My Media and thus it starts repeating songs and tends to get stuck repeating songs. When this happens the only real way I have found to fix it is to reboot my computer/My Media server.