Sound output to PC speakers not Alexa?

VFRHawk

Sound output to PC speakers not Alexa?

Post by VFRHawk »

OK, I've just taken delivery of an Echo Dot and am looking to use it to control my HTPC music library via voice controls, but the HTPC is plugged in to a home theatre amp, so I don't want the music to come out of the Echo, I want it to go to the sound output device set on the PC.

I've downloaded and installed the My Media software and set it up, the PC is set to output audio to the amp (and does if I for instance play a youtube video), but when I use a voice command through the Dot it plays through the Dot. Is what I'm trying to achive possible, or not a feature of the product?

Many Thanks
Graham
bizmodeller

Re: Sound output to PC speakers not Alexa?

Post by bizmodeller »

Hi,

this isnt' a feature of the product at this time, however it's something we have been thinking about adding if there's enough support. So let us know if this is useful to other users too

Thanks
audio_inside

Re: Sound output to PC speakers not Alexa?

Post by audio_inside »

I implement this functionality by taking the audio line out from my Echo Dot, connecting it to the line input on my computer (MacPro) and using an app (LineIn) that will passthrough the computer's audio input to its line output, which then feeds the power amp and speakers.