Multi-room speakers on Amazon echo

labass

Multi-room speakers on Amazon echo

Post by labass »

what is the command to play MYMEDIA music on multi-room ECHOS that have been previously set up?
Lozzy_uk

Re: Multi-room speakers on Amazon echo

Post by Lozzy_uk »

I think you play something multi-room from Amazon, then without stopping the playback ask for something on My Media
Pbranly

Post by Pbranly »

Well it does not work on my side .
I can get only the first track of the desired album then either it plays a second time the same (first) or/and definitively stops.
I tried without any succès to get an answer from the developer

This app works fine when the ECHO is alone but does not with any SONOS system and my ears don’t support the sound off the echo !

I won’t pay the 5 € for that
Regards
PHILIPPE
Lozzy_uk

Post by Lozzy_uk »

As I understand it that's a Sonos failing, I seem to remember from previous posts
Pbranly

Post by Pbranly »

I am not sure it is a Sonos issue as it is possible to make and work other skills such as radio for exemple toward any of my Sonos parts via my Echo
what is clear is that this "mymedia" skill does not have any sense when played only from the Echo louspeaker
wait and see ...........

philippe
agsteele

Post by agsteele »

Remember, too, that Amazon does not support multi-room audio with third party skills like MyMedia. So the workaround that @lozzy_uk suggested is a solution that probably isn't supposed to work.

The official answer to your question is that you can't do multi-room audio. A few of us have got it working by the fiddle but who can tell if it will continue to work for long or if it will only work in very specific situations.