replay gain setting

dbinder101

replay gain setting

Post by dbinder101 »

I have made sure that all my files (mp3 and flac) have the proper replaygain settings embedded in the files. I have turned on the replaygain setting in mymedia, but I still hear many "quiet" songs much lower volume than my other tracks. I then turned off the replaygain setting in mymedia. I do not hear any difference on those tracks from when the replaygain was turned on. Am I doing something wrong or is mymedia not handling the replaygain correctly?
bizmodeller

Re: replay gain setting

Post by bizmodeller »

Can you check the My Media for Alexa log files (in ~/.MyMediaForAlexa/MyMediaForAlexa.log) when you play a track and see whether ffmpeg is being spawned and the command line arguments being passsed to it?

Or alternatively, drop us an email at our support email address and we can take a look, thx
dbinder101

Post by dbinder101 »

I emailed you the log files and few days ago. Were you able to look at them and see what is happening? Thanks.
dbinder101

Post by dbinder101 »

Still have not heard back about the status of this issue...any update, PLEEEASE? :)
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

We’ve reviewed your logs and the strange thing is that it doesn’t look like Replay Gain was switched on for any of the tracks played, covering the period 1st June to 14 June.

I’ll assume you had it switched on at some point during this time which suggests the setting isn’t applying properly.

Can you try to turn it back on again in the Settings tab.  When that’s been done please can you run the following from a console and let me see the results:

cat ~/.MyMediaForAlexa/Preferences.xml

… specifically we’re looking for the setting called ‘ReplayGain’

Then if you could play a track after doing this and send us another log file that would be a great help,