Cover art not showing on Amazon show 8

Jaffo

Cover art not showing on Amazon show 8

Post by Jaffo »

What do I need to do to get the album are to be shown on my Amazon show 8?
I have tried all the advise given on here but sill get nothing.
kangocartman

Re: Cover art not showing on Amazon show 8

Post by kangocartman »

I also would like to know how to get this to work.
I have tried having image files both .jpg .png named either folder or cover in the same folder but that doesn't work
I have even tried editing the music file using both dBpoweramp and Mp3tag changing the pixel size of the image
but getting no consistent result.
If anyone has a definitive solution.
Weird thing is Plex shows this just fine, it even shows a blurred background image also.
Regards
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

Does anyone have the cover art working?
Micky

Post by Micky »

10% works, mostly new mp3's that I guess have embedded graphics.
I did see a post that said 'folder.jpg' is accepted as graphic art.. It doesn't work !
None of my mp3 music with folder.jpg artwork is shown on my Echo Show.
surely that's an easy fix for our support guys.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

ok trying to sort this. Can you make some requests and let me know:

1. the approx UTC timestamp
2. track name
3. whether it showed artwork or not on the Now Playing tab of the web console
4. whether it showed artwork or not on the Now Playing tab on the Echo Show

4 or 5 should be enough. Thx
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

BTW - one thing - we only re-read the folder.jpg / folder.png file on file import. So you will need to click 'Reindex' on the Songs tab if you change the folder.??? file.
This is less than ideal so perhaps we should reread this dynamically on request however for performance reasons we precache the image at the right resolution for the Show so would need to find a way to do this that didn't take too long.
Micky

Post by Micky »

All files stored on Pi Zero, same as the MyMedia App.
Times are British Summer time. GMT+1

One Republic - Rescue Me
Time: 8/08/2020, 16:10
No folder.jpg, this has the picture embedded in the .mp3 file. (Proves it does work)
Web console Picture = Yes
Echo Show Picture = Yes

Madness - Our House
Time: 8/08/2020, 16:11
Web console Picture = No
Echo Show Picture = No

Adele - Hello
Time: 8/08/2020, 16:12
Web console Picture = No
Echo Show Picture = No

Shawn Mendes - In My Blood
Time: 8/08/2020, 16:13
Web console Picture = No
Echo Show Picture = No

my last log entry:-
08/08/2020, 16:13:14
Streaming the track In My Blood by Shawn Mendes to 'Echo-show'
My Media for Alexa has started streaming the track In My Blood by Shawn Mendes to 'Echo-show'.
The filename was: /root/.MyMediaForAlexa/music/Shawn Mendes/Shawn Mendes/01 In My Blood.mp3

Also you mention re-reading the artwork dynamically. It's not something I need myself, Mine are all loaded with the music and very unlikely to change.

Thanks for looking at this :)
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

ok thanks - the good news (at least for us) is that it's consistently not showing in the console as well as the Show; I thought it was more an intermittent issue showing the artwork to the Show.

Can you humour me and pls select Madness - Our House in the Songs tab and then Reindex. Then send us (via email please) a copy of your logs so we can review? If that doesn't fix it (which I agree it shouldn't if the folder.jpg was always there when the files were originally imported) then can you also email us a copy of the mp3 file and the folder.jpg and we'll try to recreate?

thx
Micky

Post by Micky »

I have sent an email.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Thanks for the logs. As per mails, this was a specific issue on Linux / Mac versions of My Media where we only search for folder.jpg, folder.png, etc in lower case. In this case the cover art was in Folder.jpg with a capital F.

This is now fixed in 1.3.133.0, available here:

pi: https://bizmodeller.s3.amazonaws.com/My ... _armhf.deb
mac: https://bizmodeller.s3.amazonaws.com/My ... .133.0.dmg

You will have to reindex affected tracks by either clearing your database and re-adding watch folders or going to the Songs tab, selecting affected songs and clicking 'Reindex'.

Please let us know if this resolves it, thanks
Micky

Post by Micky »

Thanks Ed.
I upgraded to the .133 version,
and now my media art is there on my echo-show.
it works on Raspberry .

Thanks.
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

What is the problem with the QNAP version? My cover art is in lowercase but it doesn't work, it's never worked.
Pbranly

Post by Pbranly »

Hi
I use the last 133 version in a Docker in Synology
I have the cover art each time I ask too play an album during a few seconds only.
Then the cover art diseapers and .... I get only one track and it stops
So for me the cover art is not an issue but the “ first track ONLY”;is a no go
Regards
PHILIPPE
kangocartman

Post by kangocartman »

The updated app has resolved the cover art issue so thank you for this update.

I have noticed that you Philippe have had this issue for a while now but haven't had any response from the developer.
This surprises me as the issues that have been raised of late have had a greater level of successful resolution.
I hope you get it sorted out soon.
Bon chance
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Re qnap - we have identified the issue and are working on a fix.

Philippe’s issue - we have mailed him separately to get some additional info, hopefully we can resolve.

Thanks for your patience
Pbranly

Post by Pbranly »

Hi Bizmoddeler
until now I did not receive any mail
Regards
Philippe
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Strange, we have sent two emails to the two different email addresses we found for you (inc the one registered with the forum). Please can you email support [at] mymediaalexa.com in case we have the wrong address. Or please check your spam folder. Thx
Pbranly

Post by Pbranly »

Hi I just sent a direct email
Phil
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

So is the cover art supposedly working now? And if so when will it be released for the QNAP NAS?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Jaffo - please can you try this pre-release for arm QNAPs:

https://bizmodeller.s3.amazonaws.com/My ... m-x41.qpkg

If you have an amd64 QNAP it will take a little longer.

Once upgraded, you will need to refresh your artwork - there's a new button in Settings to Refresh Metadata and Artwork,

Please let us know how you get on
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

Just my luck I have a 64bit Intel QNAP.
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

Any news?
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

cover.jpg
cover.jpg (107.88 KiB) Viewed 492304 times
Should the cover art be shown here also?
kangocartman

Post by kangocartman »

Capture.png
Capture.png (148.59 KiB) Viewed 492298 times
This is what I see, so I thnk yes
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

Dear Slim, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
Yaksrfr1069

Post by Yaksrfr1069 »

Im having the same issue with this as well running with Win10 x64 as the server... As Micky mentioned it seems that the first song will play with the cover art but no subsequent tracks after that, but even this can be random. The art does show up in the playlist in the server 'Now Playing' tab. This is across Echo Show Gens 1 & 2, and also Echo Show 5's.

I have FFMpeg installed and 'Send Album Artwork to Alexa for Echo Show/Spot' as well as Metadata enabled.

There is also art in the ImageCache folder in the MyMedia install folder.

Is there some other requisite for the art to work like specific size?
Last edited by Yaksrfr1069 on Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yaksrfr1069

Post by Yaksrfr1069 »

Pretty sure I found the issue, it has to do with the cover art DPI being too high.

Noticing that some coverart would show and some wouldnt, I started extracting the cover art from working/ non working songs using MP3tag and noticed in the properties that every song with non working art had 300DPI or higher.

Using IrFanView I was able to do a batch conversion of the entire C:\Progr..\MyMedia..\ImageCache folder to convert ALL JPEGS in the subfolders to 600x600 with 72dpi.

After making the change I stopped/started the MyMediaforAlexa service and now every song that had no coverart now shows up.

Support, PLEASE add some type of code to change all JPEGs imported into the ImageCache folder to 72DPI, or see if there is a way to get art with higher DPIs to work.
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

I have now uninstalled my original QNAP NAS install and now re installed using Docker. Cover art now works without having to change any of my music.
Shame about the other bugs. Like playing on random Echo devices. Cover art does not disappear from the screen when the music stops playing.
mada0068

Post by mada0068 »

I was under the very same situation under Linux version. After a little help, reviewing the logs, I installed libgdiplus, rescan library and covers have appeared both in web backend and Echo Show.
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

Installed using Docker the latest 64bit version 1.3.141.0, cover art embedded in mp3s works but none embedded covers placed in the same folder as the mp3 do not.

I have also noted that with this new version a lot more tracks stop and restart playing from the beginning.
ramon2000

Post by ramon2000 »

Here, raspberry pi 4, latest v1.3.141.0, also the same problem: "cover art embedded in mp3s works but none embedded covers placed in the same folder as the mp3 do not."

Yesterday I had a DB corruption and I had to rescan all albums again and this is how I noticed the problem for the latest version.

Reinstalled 1.3.133.0, cleared DB and rescanned, and embedded covers appeared (I didn't check any version previous to 133 or version between 133 and 141).

Once rescaned with 133, installed again 141 and covers are still there even after a rescan.

In my case, for new albums I already embed covers in the mp3 (if they are not there), so there should be no problem, but this is not the case for old albums.
Xupery

Post by Xupery »

Hello
Was this problem resolved? On my Echo Show 8 it only displays the occassional cover art. I took the suggestion to convert all the images in the ImageCache to 600x600 72dpi but it does not seem to have made any difference. I am unable to determine what the difference is between the songs that display and those that don't. All my mp3 files have embedded art to differenr resolutions but all the ImageCache are now 600x600 72dpi.
antho895

Post by antho895 »

Same issue here. Version 1.3.141.0. Covers not shown on web interface, nor in Echo Show 5.
Please get this to work ! I paid licence for that. I can give logs or information. Let me know.
Last edited by antho895 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

Cover art only seems to work if it is embedded within the mp3 file its self.

I don't think you can complain about the fact you have paid. You had the chance to try the software before you gave any money, plus it is such low cost which may reflect the fact a few things don't work. I am more than happy and have now paid on more than one occasion.
ramon2000

Post by ramon2000 »

The issue happens only when indexing new folders with mp3 files without cover, but with a cover image in the folder.

The issue was not there in previous versions, and the cover image was used if the mp3 file didn't have it embedded.

Moreover, at least in my case, covers extracted from the image file in the folder that were indexed with previous versions are kept with the latest version.

But, once indexed and the cover not detected, you cannot use a previous version to reindex the folder and get the cover.

The workaround is install a previous version (in my case, the one previous to the v1.3.141.0 didn't work either so it must be an older one), remove the folders, reindex the "watch folder" with the "Automatically Unindex Removed / Inaccessible Files" enabled, copy again the folders and index again. Then, the covers will appear and even if you install the new version they will be kept.

So the problem is in indexing new folders, that does not import covers coming from the folder (and the problems seems not to be in the "show cover" part of the program).