My Media only plays one song

plamoise

My Media only plays one song

Post by plamoise »

I am always playing the same long playlist in random mode. Once in a while when I ask My Media to play this playlist it plays one song and then stops. If I ask again, same thing: one song and it stops. Then I restart my Echo device and ask again and it works fine, at least for a little while. Does anybody know what's going wrong?
Thanks
Philippe
Pbranly

Re: My Media only plays one song

Post by Pbranly »

Hi PHILIPPE,
What do you use ?
I have the same issue with a Echo and Sonos
Regards
PHILIPPE
seriecito

Post by seriecito »

It is happening to me as well, Can somebody tell me whats going on?
crazyfox

Post by crazyfox »

I have the same issue running My Media on QNAP with release 1.3.134.0. Did anybody find a solution as I have no idea what the problem is and the logs do not provide a lot of info. I can see it find the 1st song and prepare the 2nd one but when the 1st song is finished instead of playing the 2nd one it start the 1st one again.

Any idea

Thank you
Hiroari_Till_When

Post by Hiroari_Till_When »

I had a similar issue, and later on solved it by messing with the settings until it worked as I wanted... I can't really describe the process, but I just tinkered around with the settings until it worked. I'm glad I didn't reconfigurate Alexa to talk only Hindi or Finnish :lol:
crazyfox

Post by crazyfox »

Hiroari_Till_When wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:28 pm
I had a similar issue, and later on solved it by messing with the settings until it worked as I wanted... I can't really describe the process, but I just tinkered around with the settings until it worked. I'm glad I didn't reconfigurate Alexa to talk only Hindi or Finnish :lol:
Do you know which settings are enable now as I have tried but without success. Also on which device is your My Media running on? I have tried on Raspberry Pi and QNAP NAS but I have the same behavior on both.
Thank you
ajay_falcon

Post by ajay_falcon »

Hi Philippe,

Were you able to solve this problem? Could you please put the solution here.

Thanks,
Ajay
Xupery

Post by Xupery »

I have used My Media for well over a year with no problem but now I am having this issue with all my Alexa devices. It would be good if a solution could be found. Given there has been no update to My Media then it might be something on the Alexa side or something in our home network setup that has gone askew.