Release note ?

Pbranly

Release note ?

Post by Pbranly »

Hi
I made several posts already in which I try to understand why mymedia does not work when used with an Amazon Echo and a default Sonos speaker.
I am afraid I did not receive any answer from the développer ( except one time a bad answer on Twitter)
The web site release note stops with the 1.3.125.0 version while recent releases are 1.3.133.0 WITHOUT ANY RELEASE NOTE.
Dear développer,
The minimum for giving confidence with any software is to give release notes .
Bugs are always acceptable as long as they are not critical or major. Currently bug with Echo and Sonos is critical but absence of release note is just non professional
Please......
Regards
PHILIPPE
Micky

Re: Release note ?

Post by Micky »

Wow.
You are asking too much.
The Beta releases do fix specific issues. But they aren't actual releases. So until the release, there is no need for any release notes.
Didn't your Amazon music service sort it for you. only £9.99/month
Oh you prefer the cheap option !

Cheers Philippe.
Pbranly

Post by Pbranly »

Hi Micky
A beta version should have a specific name !
What I see is that my docker is configured to use always the latest version with automatic updates ans the minimum is to get some explanations with new releases

I really do like this mymedia for Alexa because in France there is not any solution than amazon music.
Amazon does not provide any skill that I could use for my music libraries that are in my Synology NAS. ( no Plex, no Audio Station)

This is the reason what I am so frustrated that I cannot use this program that does not work ( I can listen only the first track of any album then it stops)
And I pissed of of the lack of answer from the développer.
This was why I was so surprised of this lack of answer in front of new releases without any documentation
Cheers
Phil
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

We update release notes when we release official versions.

We release interim versions for specific bug fixes but don't update these on our main download pages or update the release notes.

Our docker images are an exception - they are all still marked as beta in our website and by default we direct users to download the #latest image so that it autoupdates. Alternatively you can pin to a specific docker build if you prefer.

Re Echo and Sonos - we'll open a support ticket for this as we cannot find one and will mail you directly.
Pbranly

Post by Pbranly »

Hi Bizmodeller,
This is understood.
For the Echo/Sonos issue, I would be very happy to help.
Don’t hesitate to contact me directly for any questions, tests, etc .....
Regards
Philippe
PS: I also have an Amazon Firetv 4K that use a Sonos 5.1 system and the issue is exactly the same than with the Echo