Using MyMedia on a NAS Server

Monica

Using MyMedia on a NAS Server

Post by Monica »

I store all my music on my NAS so I free up space on my laptop hard drive. I've been trying to connect to the NAS and keep hitting a wall. I've added the port to McAffe, I've added BizModel as allowed program internet connection, I've set the TCP port to my localhost port. My NAS is connected properly. If I set the music directory to my C:\ drive, it works. If I set it to my NAS mapped directory it doesn't work. Please tell me there's a way to use my NAS as the drive MyMedia to use.

I have a stand-alone that it worked fine with ( I can revert back to it), but I'm trying to consolidate things. I saw there's a beta. Would one of these download packages help resolve issues particularly the NAS one? I'm thinking that that QNAP refers to a brand of NAS and I'm using the Asustor NAS AS1002T-72B1, would it still work? If yes, do I need to remove the current install of MyMedia, or is this an add-on that works in conjunction with the NAS. Same with the Docker Image download. I'm highly skilled in being dangerous to mucking things up when it comes to things like this.

Thanks! Monica
downloads.jpg
TonyBecker

Re: Using MyMedia on a NAS Server

Post by TonyBecker »

I'm having some similar issues with my Asustor AS5304T NAS.