Multi room play

crackerjack2446

Multi room play

Post by crackerjack2446 »

Multi room stopped working for no apparent reason. Everything seemed to check good. I asked Alexa to play something on my group that includes 3 devices, after It started to play on all 3 devices I asked it to play my playlist on MyMedia. Now its playing myMedia playlist on all 3 devices. Have only tried this procedure once but assume it will work again, or at least I hope it will. When I can get this program to play on all devices it's the greatest!
richaardvark

Re: Multi room play

Post by richaardvark »

crackerjack2446 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:52 pm
Multi room stopped working for no apparent reason. Everything seemed to check good. I asked Alexa to play something on my group that includes 3 devices, after It started to play on all 3 devices I asked it to play my playlist on MyMedia. Now its playing myMedia playlist on all 3 devices. Have only tried this procedure once but assume it will work again, or at least I hope it will. When I can get this program to play on all devices it's the greatest!
It seems this workaround for multiroom music playback no longer works. Amazon seems to have changed the settings a week or so ago and now it seems it is not possible to play music from skills on preferred speaker groups any longer.
crackerjack2446

Post by crackerjack2446 »

Don't know how long it will work but as of now, if multi room doesn't work,: I can ask it to play something that requires me to name the group for multi room, then go back to ask mymedia to play playlist and it plays multiroom.
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

I don't know about multi-room but for some reason mine plays on a stereo pair in one room and the device I start it on in another all of the time with no way of stopping it form playing on the stereo pair.