Cover Art on Amazon Show only shows after first play

thedrsma

Cover Art on Amazon Show only shows after first play

Post by thedrsma »

I have both embedded cover art and a folder.jpg for each album. I have systematically tested this and it is highly reproducible. The cover art does NOT show on the first play of a song, but only on the second and later plays. I have 12000 songs and don't want to have to wait to play each one to get the cover art on my Amazon Show. Is there any way to "jumpstart" the obvious art caching that My Media has to do when it plays the song the first time without cover art?
braix123

Re: Cover Art on Amazon Show only shows after first play

Post by braix123 »

I can not comprehend that. Once the cover is written in, it goes back and forth and it is renewed on the show.
thedrsma

Post by thedrsma »

I am sorry you do not believe it, but it is true. I have proven it over and over again. Embedded cover art only appears on my Amazon Show on the SECOND and LATER plays of the song, not on the first. If anyone knows why this is, and how I can somehow make changes to MyMedia to get it to play on the first play of the song , I would appreciate tips as to how.
Jaffo

Post by Jaffo »

One of the problems we have, is not everyone is running on the same platform or the same version of My Media server.
So only some people encounter strange problem and other not so.
To help I would ask everyone to indicate there software version and the platform on which they are running it.
thedrsma

Post by thedrsma »

I am running My Media 1.3.122.0
reading songs from iTunes library, iTunes 12.11.0.26
on a Windows 10 Desktop PC v.2004 Build 19041.804
streaming to an Amazon Echo Show running FireOS 5.5.4.2 (661664420)
Xupery

Post by Xupery »

The latest beta release resolved all my issues with artwork
thedrsma

Post by thedrsma »

Xupery you nailed it!!!! Thanks so much for recommending installing the BETA v. 1.3.141.0. I did so, and now all my cover art shows on the first play. I saw in the Change Log, My Media did fix some things with cover art recently so whatever it was fixed my problem.

PS. Love the new double cover art look--the shadowy full screen overlaid with the cover art square and text info. It is a real pleasure to look at.