Can MyMedia play mp3 files not in a standard music library

remington99

Can MyMedia play mp3 files not in a standard music library

Post by remington99 »

My Dad is blind and uses Alexa alot. I would like to be able to put movie soundtracks on MyMedia so that he could listen to movies. However, these soundtracks are not going to be part of any standard music library. Does MyMedia support audio files that are not part of a music catalog? If so, does the user ask Alexa to play those files by using their file name?

Thanks.
bizmodeller

Re: Can MyMedia play mp3 files not in a standard music library

Post by bizmodeller »

Sorry for the delay - you can play any mp3 tracks on your library with My Media. My Media can you use three ways of selecting the tracks to play:

1. Using the ID3 metadata within the tracks; if the tracks don't have this, you can set this within Windows Explorer or using any MP3 tagger program. This allows you to say "Alexa, ask My Media to play the track xxxx or album yyyyy, etc".

2. Alternatively, put all the tracks you want to play into a specific sub-folder. Then add a Watch Folder over that sub-folder and give it a specific label in the My Media web console eg movie X. Then you can say "Alexa, ask My Media to play my movie x playlist"

3. Create a custom playlist in the My Media web interface called 'movie x' and add the tracks into that playlist. Then you can say "Alexa, ask My Media to play my movie x playlist"

Hope this helps