Just stopped working

crimson30

Just stopped working

Post by crimson30 »

When I make a request, Alexa responds accordingly "Playing X from your mymedia collection", but no music is played. It just stopped working out of the blue... no changes and it was working fine a week ago.

Are there logs somewhere separate from the systemctl log? The logs in the web server console look fine. For that matter, everything looks like it normally does, just no music gets played.
richaardvark

Re: Just stopped working

Post by richaardvark »

crimson30 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:39 pm
When I make a request, Alexa responds accordingly "Playing X from your mymedia collection", but no music is played. It just stopped working out of the blue... no changes and it was working fine a week ago.

Are there logs somewhere separate from the systemctl log? The logs in the web server console look fine. For that matter, everything looks like it normally does, just no music gets played.
Yes - there are actual My Media for Alexa log file. Make sure you've enabled logging in the console settings, and then:
Open your MMfA console --> click 'Support' --> click 'Download My Media Log Files'

mkostura

Post by mkostura »

I have tried multiple times to correct a problem with MyMedia. The software simply stopped playing music on any Alexa enabled device that I have. I note two errors: The first is a MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN and the second is MEDIA_ERROR_INTERNAL_DEVICE_ERROR

The sequence of events is that I ask MyMedia to play songs from an artist. The artist is identified and a picture will show on the Alexa device (in this case my phone or TV with the firestick). However, no music plays and the error messages appear in the MyMedia app on the computer where it is installed.

I have disabled the security on the computer including the firewall and that did not rectify the problem.

The FAQ does not provide any information on the error messages.

Have tried multiple times to get through to support but no response.

Really would like to fix this problem.
crimson30

Post by crimson30 »

I got really, really busy with other things and only just tried using this and it just works.

It wasn't just a one-day issue either. I had that problem for like a week before I made that post.

But alas, it's fine now.