Hears my request but will only play "Everything..."

richaardvark

Hears my request but will only play "Everything..."

Post by richaardvark »

Hello,

I have used My Media for a couple of years now with no issues overall but suddenly anytime I request a song/track/playlist/album it shows on the server console/portal the correct request but then adds " and Everything" to every single request and then responds "Now playing everything from your My Media collection..." and plays my entire library. It doesn't seem to matter what I say. If I say for example "Alexa, ask My Media to play the song Let It Be" then Alexa responds "Now playing everything from your My Media collection." and on the server console dashboard it says my request was "song: Let it Be and Everything" and then shows via an override that it is playing everything. Also, it is not a typical override (with the little icon that you can click on which allows you to modify the override) but is some sort of built-in override that I cannot edit or remove. Super annoying as f*ck.

I have tried removing and reindexing my watch folders. I've tried rebooting, and several other ideas but nothing will fix it. Please help me. 🙏🏻 Thank you.
richaardvark

Re: Hears my request but will only play "Everything..."

Post by richaardvark »

Wow. Look at how utterly useless the support forum is... I used the search feature just now to see if I could find any other users who have had similar issues as the one I am currently facing and which I just posted about here moments ago and look what I find, lol:

Keeps Adding "And Everything" to My Voice Command,
Post Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:36 am by richaardvark

This help forum is utterly useless. 🤬