Alexa App on Windows 10/11

ferrels

Alexa App on Windows 10/11

Post by ferrels »

I've installed the Alexa app for Windows via the Windows app store and it runs just fine unless I ask it to play anything from My Media. When I request a song or a playlist, Alexa reports that it's playing the song or the playlist from my library but there's only silence. Would you guys please update My Media to work properly with the Alexa app in Windows? My Media works just fine on all my Android and Amazon devices so it isn't a server configuration problem.
ferrels

Re: Alexa App on Windows 10/11

Post by ferrels »

ferrels wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:43 am
I've installed the Alexa app for Windows via the Windows app store and it runs just fine unless I ask it to play anything from My Media. When I request a song or a playlist, Alexa reports that it's playing the song or the playlist from my library but there's only silence. Would you guys please update My Media to work properly with the Alexa app in Windows? My Media works just fine on all my Android and Amazon devices so it isn't a server configuration problem.
OK, after a lot of digging and misinformation regarding firewall settings the fix for this problem is to open your My Media web console and go to Settings. Then, under Enable access outside of local network, change the default setting of "Enable via Firewall NAT" to "Enable via Push".
Lozzy_uk

Re: Alexa App on Windows 10/11

Post by Lozzy_uk »

ferrels wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:28 am
OK, after a lot of digging and misinformation regarding firewall settings the fix for this problem is to open your My Media web console and go to Settings. Then, under Enable access outside of local network, change the default setting of "Enable via Firewall NAT" to "Enable via Push".
That makes it work by bouncing via the my media servers, but doesn't really 'fix' the issue you had. I'm curious, did you add an exception to your firewall ports?