Cannot Connect Mapped Drive To NAS

Monica

Cannot Connect Mapped Drive To NAS

Post by Monica »

I am trying to use my Asustor NAS AS1002T-72B1 as a media server for MyMedia. I've installed FFMPEG, I can see my local drive for my laptop, and I've tried everything to add my NAS mapped drive. I've used the path \\static IP address\adm\music\itunes\itunesmedia \\static IP address\music\itunes\itunesmedia
\\static IP address\itunes\itunesmedia \\static IP address\adm\music\ \\static IP address\music all to no avail. I'm thinking it has to be the way I'm entering the path as I've used the correct credentials to access the server. But I get error codes like error unknown 301, 1244, etc. I'm really frustrated at this point. I've been using an old stand-alone PC for the server, but I'm tired of having to jump through hoops to add new music to that PC due to it's slow speed (it's early 2k). I've searched through the board topics and have tried a couple of things, but they don't work either.

I can't put thousands of files on my laptop due to space issues, and the NAS is the perfect solution IF I can get it to work properly. Any help you can provide is appreciate.
TIA Monica
mada0068

Re: Cannot Connect Mapped Drive To NAS

Post by mada0068 »

Have you tried to connect your shared folder as a network unit? This way allows you to address the folder using the path z:\music\itunes\itunesmedia instead of \\server_address\music\itunes\itunesmedia

It has worked for me in other situations (not tested with mymedia. I am with Linux in a similar approach, using NAS folder and server)
Monica

Re: Cannot Connect Mapped Drive To NAS

Post by Monica »

This might post twice. The BB doesn't appear to like me. Thanks for responding. I finally gave up dealing with the NAS, and repurposed an older laptop by transferring all the files from the NAS to it. Then I was able to connect without any problems. Windows let me add the NAS to my network, but I couldn't get the laptop added for some reason. But I got it working off the laptop without any problem at all. My old stand alone that I was using as a media server was a 2006 or thereabouts model. It wouldn't load iTunes as it kept disconnecting. I know it can't last much longer. Although we all know the saying, the older something is the longer it lasts. :lol: