The My Media skill not available on the android Alexa App?

grandschmu

The My Media skill not available on the android Alexa App?

Post by grandschmu »

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my english, i'm french canadian.

I've try and search a lot to fin the my media skill in the Alexa app on my Tab S3, but found nothing.

https://youtu.be/cJc1hcpu0Zo

I activated the skill from the Amazon web page (see file attached), but if I try any command to Alexa, it doesn't understand My Media because it is not in the Alexa app's skills... What can I do? If I say "Alexa, ask My Media to play...", it respond something like "Playing music from my media server is not supported".

Thank a lot!
HANNTHEFTAUDIO

Re: The My Media skill not available on the android Alexa App?

Post by HANNTHEFTAUDIO »

If I understand correctly, the issue is that you're using an android device to control the media. The skill isn't intended for that. It uses an echo device and a media server in your home (such as a pc, or an actual media server with MYMEDIAFORALEXA installed on it. This requires an echo (I'm using the Echo Show 8 2nd Gen) and an installation of the MYMEDIAFORALEXA web console installed and linked to YOUR amazon account, the MYMEDIAFORALEXA skill on your Android device (linked to YOUR amazon account), It needs access to your music files......

The ingredient List:

A Media Server (pc, raspberry pi, NAS Server....) with Music files on it. (IM USING THE ASUS ROG G90 FOR THIS)
The MYMEDIAFORALEXA web console needs to be installed on the above device.
An Amazon Echo device (IM USING THE ECHO SHOW 8 2ND GEN)
The MYMEDIAFORALEXA skill on your mobile device
An Amazon account
All MYMEDIAFORALEXA stuff linked to YOUR amazon account.

And just in case I'm NOT clear, all commands must go through the echo device, not your phone. Which means any routines you try to set through the alexa app on your phone/tablet.... must be set up to use the echo. Even I can't use my phone and I don't think it was ever intended that way.

With that said, this is my solution to your issue, but that is based entirely on my understanding of what your issue is. I could very well be wrong.