Genre Issue (Blue-Eyed Soul)

HANNTHEFTAUDIO

Genre Issue (Blue-Eyed Soul)

Post by HANNTHEFTAUDIO »

Believe it or not, the title should say it all. But just in case it doesn't, that is where my issue is. I actually have an album with this Genre. But no matter how I trie, I can't get MYMEDIA to even look at it. I have to go on a limb and guess that it's because there is a - in the Genre. But that can't be right, because I have at least 5 other Genres with the - in them and MYMEDIA will touch those (C-Pop, J-Pop, J-Rock, J-Metal, K-Pop). And if you think that's bad, I have an album with a ? in it's name as well. Just using Quotes fixed the problem with that one. But this???

Jolin Tsai - C-Pop
BABYMETAL - J-Metal
Silent Siren - J-Rock
BLACKPINK - J-Pop;K-pop (Depending on if there's a Japanese version or not)

And then there's Maroon 5 - Blue-Eyed Soul <--- the one Genre I can't get MYMEDIA to touch. Question is Why?

And in case anyone is wondering I have quite a few others and do listen to them.
anhil

Re: Genre Issue (Blue-Eyed Soul)

Post by anhil »

HANNTHEFTAUDIO wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:28 pm
Believe it or not, the title should say it all. But just in case it doesn't, that is where my issue is. I actually have an album with this Genre. But no matter how I trie, I can't get MYMEDIA to even look at it. I have to go on a limb and guess that it's because there is a - in the Genre. But that can't be right, because I have at least 5 other Genres with the - in them and MYMEDIA will touch those (C-Pop, J-Pop, J-Rock, J-Metal, K-Pop). And if you think that's bad, I have an album with a ? in it's name as well. Just using Quotes fixed the problem with that one. But this???

Jolin Tsai - C-Pop
BABYMETAL - J-Metal
Silent Siren - J-Rock
BLACKPINK - J-Pop;K-pop (Depending on if there's a Japanese version or not)

And then there's Maroon 5 - Blue-Eyed Soul <--- the one Genre I can't get MYMEDIA to touch. Question is Why?

And in case anyone is wondering I have quite a few others and do listen to them.
I had a similar problem with genres "Finnish Pop" and "Finnish Schalger". No matter how hard I tried, Alexa always interpreted "Finnish Pop" as "Pop" - a confusion between Finnish and finish? Since I still need to keep these user defined genres, I used the "Overrides (BETA)" function of MM for Alexa and created an override "Domestic" -> "Finnish Pop". That worked nicely.

It was also interesting to discover, that whenver I tried to use something like "xPop" in the override, like "FinPop" -> "Finnish Pop", Alexa always intepreted it as "Pop". So apparently you better not use the word "Pop" in the overrides.
HANNTHEFTAUDIO

Re: Genre Issue (Blue-Eyed Soul)

Post by HANNTHEFTAUDIO »

For me the "...Pop" Genres work fairly well for the most part. As much of a music junkie as I am, I don't recall having heard any "Finnish...." Genres (Pop, Rock, Death Metal, R&B). I would have thought that doing an override like you did would work..... I would have probably added Quotes so MyMedia would know exactly what you're saying. But if that doesn't work I would be livid (to put it nicely).