Please state if this project is terminated ??

Powel

Please state if this project is terminated ??

Post by Powel »

There has been no forum support, no response to emails and no updates of any kind in months.
I am requesting a statement from the developer, specifically if development and support are terminated.
majones

Re: Please state if this project is terminated ??

Post by majones »

It would be good to know. I've got used to this being an overtly "dormant" project for the developer, but I got spooked last year when there appeared to be a breakdown between MyMediaAlexa and Amazon so I sent an email to the developer. He didn't reply but connectivity was restored.

It may help the developer to know more about our use cases. He may think the market for "owned" music servers is dead. Not so. Have a look at the Squeezebox / Logitech Media Server (LMS) community that has amazing support, to the extent that the BBC now maintains a plug-in for their Sounds service. So "owned" music is alive and well if not commercially mainstream. The magic of MyMediaAlexa is that it can use the playlists I've built via LMS, and I can play my stuff including playlists created on LMS on either my Squeezeboxes or my Echo devices (including speaker groups). It puzzles me why MyMediaAlexa doesn't have more traction as an appendage to LMS, as the Squeezebox hardware isn't made any more and hasn't been for some time.
bwims

Re: Please state if this project is terminated ??

Post by bwims »

Their automated system for demanding a subscription renewal is about the only thing that does work.

Last promise I got here.... PROMISES for imminent track skipping and move to nth track, TWO YEARS LATER NOTHING!

I wish there was an alternative.

[email protected]
Sat, 13 Nov 2021, 11:49

Apologies for the delay.

This functionality is already on our near roadmap to implement.

We will support:

Alexa, ask my media to skip x tracks (forward / backwards)

Alexa, ask my media to skip to track x

Would this work for you?

Thanks

Ed

My Media for Alexa
Local media library streaming for Amazon Alexa
www.mymediaalexa.com | @mymediaalexa