How to fix Firewall error? (Avast Firewall)

laz305

How to fix Firewall error? (Avast Firewall)

Post by laz305 »

I keep getting firewall error and am using Avast but have told it to accept connections but still get error and won't play music
bizmodeller

Re: How to fix Firewall error? (Avast Firewall)

Post by bizmodeller »

Hi,

not sure what configuration you may already have done, however, adding an application level firewall exception probably won't work with Avast. This is because it isn't actually the MyMediaForAlexa.exe that is listening for connections; this is delegated to the internal HTTP stack within Windows.

So, we recommend adding a packet rule to allow inbound TCP packets on port 52050 to be ALLOWd.

We don't have an install of Avast, but try the following:

1. Within Avast, look for Expert Settings
2. Choose Packet Rules
3. Choose 'Add'
4. Set these properties:
  • Enabled
    Name: MyMedia
    Action: ALLOW
    Protocol: TCP
    Direction: IN
    Address: (leave blank)
    Local Port: 52050
    Remote Port (leave blank)
    Profile: All
Please let us know if the above works,

thanks
mjatkey

Post by mjatkey »

Hi, I have AVAST anti virus and have the same problem although it was working untill windows did a update a few days ago. I have added the packet rule but it does not work. If I turn the firewall off it works fine.

If it won't work with AVAST there is no point in me using it as I am not changing my Anti virus supplier so will be looking for a refund.

Thanks Martin

Also My media for Alexa did not start after the Window update, (sent the logs to support email) but after a reboot that fixed that issue.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

With help from mjatkey, we've posted a guide for Avast firewall users here: https://www.mymediaalexa.com/home/mymedia_avast