Tracks playing twice in playlists

jasdjensen

Tracks playing twice in playlists

Post by jasdjensen »

No matter what I ask for I get two copies per track. Meaning every track plays twice. So I could ask for an album and each track will play twice. Same if I ask for one song. Any ideas?
bizmodeller

Re: Tracks playing twice in playlists

Post by bizmodeller »

Can you search for an example song that appears twice in a playlist using the 'Songs' tab of the My Media web console.

Do you get two rows appear for each song there? If so, can you hover over the filename column and see whether the paths are the same or different?
jasdjensen

Post by jasdjensen »

Yes. When I search the songs, they appear twice in the search. And they both refer to the same song with the same path.

However, I have found that some songs do not appear twice, and I'm not sure why.. but the bulk of my songs do. I wonder if it's reading the m3u tag in each album folder, and then adding the song again?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

We had a bug that was fixed in 1.3.91.0 which meant that a track could be indexed twice if it appeared in a playlist and that playlist was scanned after the tracks were scanned. It sounds like you might have been impacted by that.

Would suggest updating to the latest version from our website. That in itself won't fix it, however, if you then remove the Watch Folder, wait for it to clear down, and then re-add the Watch Folder, your duplicates should disappear.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Thanks
jasdjensen

Post by jasdjensen »

No problem.. Thanks. I'll try this.