How does MyMedia choose Audiobook vs Album

matf

How does MyMedia choose Audiobook vs Album

Post by matf »

In an earlier response you say:
'Note that if My Media detects an audio book when it scans, it will automatically set the Album Type to Audio Book so you may not need to do steps.'
(https://forum.bizmodeller.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3792)

Please can you expand on how that is done? Is it tag-based or something else?
I have set my watch folder to my folder which only has audiobooks in it (in .mp3 format), and none of them that I can see are recognised as such. Given that the entire folder contains audiobooks, it would be handy to know how the detection is done.

P.S. Given that I've a lot of audiobooks, it would also be handy to batch select them within the console and change the Album to Audiobook.
bizmodeller

Re: How does MyMedia choose Audiobook vs Album

Post by bizmodeller »

It simply does it based on the extension - whether it's m4b (assumes audiobook) or m4a (assumes album). We're unaware of any consistent metadata tagging that differentiates these successfully.

Re bulk changes - we've had other requests to have a setting on the Add Watch Folder dialog to set all albums discovered within that Watch Folder as Audio Books - would this work for you?
apollon77

Post by apollon77 »

In iTunes/Explorer there is the genre "Hörbuch" at least in german :-) Maybe also check for that? Most of my Adiobooks are just MP3 :-(
matf

Post by matf »

Yep, I get the logic in doing via extension rather than tag. Generally all my audiobooks are mp3 and I use the genre tag to note as Audiobook. But I agree this isn't consistent (as I use the genre tag Radio Drama for things I also count as Audiobooks!)

>>
Re bulk changes - we've had other requests to have a setting on the Add Watch Folder dialog to set all albums discovered within that Watch Folder as Audio Books - would this work for you?
<<

I think allowing us to define the 'type' when we select a Watch folder would be handy as generally I keep all my Audiobooks in one root folder, and all my Music in another. I imagine many people do the same, so that sounds like a good option to have if you're willing to implement it.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Ok cool, we will add checking the genre as above and also the watch folder “type” feature shortly... will update his thread when available. Thanks for the feedback
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Anymore on this - I also have quite a few MP3's that are "comedy" or "audiobook" based that I would not want played.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

I also have a lot of audiobooks as Mp3's so would like to find a good way of these not playing when shuffling music.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

We've implement this now - which OS are you running and we can give you a beta to test
matf

Post by matf »

Happy to test - I'm on Win10 x64.

M
matf

Post by matf »

Not sure what you've implemented, but just updated to .106, re-scanned my library and all folders were added as audiobooks! Which has saved a great deal of pain - thank you! I'm presuming that's based off the genre tag?

Cheers

M