Alexa still asks me to use the Companion App to pair My Media even though I've already done it

bizmodeller

Alexa still asks me to use the Companion App to pair My Media even though I've already done it

Post by bizmodeller »

This tends to be because you are using multiple profiles on your Alexa device.

For example, if you set up your Amazon using [email protected] and then used the Amazon Alexa Companion App to pair My Media, this would work fine. However, if your Echo device was in a "household" with another account, eg [email protected] then if your Alexa was switched to Jane's profile, then the skill wouldn't have paired with My Media as Jane hadn't yet paired.

Easiest way to check is to say: Alexa, which profile is this? Check this is the same profile you are using to log into the Alexa Companion app.

If you registered your My Media server with one account ([email protected]) but want to use it from another profile (eg [email protected]) then you can use the Sharing feature of My Media to allow your library to be used by [email protected]. Once Jane enables and links the My Media skill she'll have access to your My Media server once you send the invite.