Audiobooks

rieger

Audiobooks

Post by rieger »

HI all,

would be good to have some information on how audiobooks are handled in MyMedia. Meanwhile I was able to "flag" an album as an audiobook and to advice mymedia to read it, but there are still some questions:
1. when shuffling is turned on, seems that also audiobooks are shuffled. At least reading will not start with the first track. Audiobooks shouldn't never be shuffled.
2. as audiobooks are typically really long, which option is available to continue reading where it has been stopped?

I'm using version 1.3.105.0

KInd regards
Frank
bizmodeller

Re: Audiobooks

Post by bizmodeller »

Hey Frank

Apologies for the delay.

We deal with audiobooks as a flag against an album. This will be done automatically if the first track found with a given album name is a m4b file, otherwise it should be set manually through the User Interface (Album Type drop down in the Album window).

Once an album has been flagged as an audiobook, that album will no longer be available through 'Alexa, ask My Media to play album xxxxx' requests. Instead, you initiate them with 'Alexa, ask My Media to read xxxxxx'. This will automatically generate bookmarks as you are read the book - i.e. you don't need to do anything further.

If you then later come back to Alexa on the same Amazon account, and ask to read the same book, My Media will look up the bookmark and ask you whether you want to continue where you left off or start over. If you continue, it will resume from the same track within the album (i.e. chapter within the audiobook) and from the same position minus 10 seconds from where you left off.

1. Re the randomization issue - this has been fixed and will be available in an udpate shortly.
2. Re resuming - please see above

Which OS are you running and we can give you a preview of the fix for the randomization bug.
rieger

Post by rieger »

Sorry bizmodeller team,

I missed your reply. Seems that I haven't set the tracking correctly.
Audiobooks are now working as you described. Many thanks for updating the server. As my audiobooks are all mp3 I have to tag them manually. They are all stored in a separate folder and added as a separate watch folder. Would be good if I can give this tag already on watch folder level. But that is only nice to have :D

Kind regards
Frank
Lozzy_uk

Post by Lozzy_uk »

rieger wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:50 am
...They are all stored in a separate folder and added as a separate watch folder. Would be good if I can give this tag already on watch folder level.
I have the same issue and would find this feature useful also
Thnx