music skips last few seconds or restarts in mid of song.

lbvagrant

music skips last few seconds or restarts in mid of song.

Post by lbvagrant »

i have noticed this with a few different media streamers...
it seems that if the mp3 tag is corrupt in any way that the song will not play correctly even if the song itself is fine...
iv tried many different tools to "fix" the tags but as iv got over 100K songs its taking a while...
iv seen other streamers have code to just play the song and not rely on the tag so much to stop short / restart the song...{ as i type this iv heard the first half of the same song 3 times now } :?

all the songs that seem to have issues i have tested on multiple different players and systems and most play the song through fine...some do not... seems mostly streaming systems that do not...

is there anything you can do about that?
please... even some of the songs iv repaired the tags are still being cut short...

thnx for the rest as i use it almost every day since i got my echo's
I didn't do it... I was in Vegas that weekend - I swear. :twisted:
bizmodeller

Re: music skips last few seconds or restarts in mid of song.

Post by bizmodeller »

Can you advise the file type - eg Is this for mp3 files or transcoded files?
lbvagrant

Post by lbvagrant »

all mp3 files...well mostly i do have a few other types but 99% are mp3s and yes im useing ffmpeg for those that are not...
but all the "issues" are with the mp3 types
i have also use tools to "repair" the mp3 tags and it kinda helps but...
now most songs will play 1/2 - 3/4 way then start over and play all the way...
any other player plays them fine with no issues or errors...
:?:
lbvagrant

Post by lbvagrant »

UPDATE:
even after repairing the mp3 tags..and rescanning the system it still had the issue...
only after 3 days of testing did i find a ...fix?
after i removed the watched folder and tried to play a song and it played i realized it did not look at the list once its been scanned. and even doing a rescan did not change the data it collected the first scan.
i had to remove the folder... do a scan let it find nothing / remove all previous file info...
then do another scan and let it find my 100k files again and reload the mp3 tag info at which point it seems to work.
after a 3 song test all seem to play without issue...

so for anyone else with issues like these might want to try MP3 diag to repair the mp3 files and bad tag data as thats the tool that helped me.
and clearing cache did nothing so dont know whats its supposed to do but i had to do a rescan for it to notice all my files were no longer there and add the folder to the watch list again and do ANOTHER scan...

hope this helps anyone else and hope the dev can work in a quicker scanning system or something that doesn't rely on the tags so much...
but thnx again anyways and keep up the good work..

update 2:
seems to still do it on a number of songs... but cleared up on some...
more testing and info to come