MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN Response code: 301

wallport

MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN Response code: 301

Post by wallport »

Hi, can anyone help? I just setup mymedia and all seemed well until I asked Alexa to tell mymedia to play an artist. Nothing played by I can see errors like this in the mymedia logs on the server...
-------------
Your Alexa device reported an error streaming the current track (/Music/Bob Marley & The Wailers/Legend [Bonus Tracks]/06 - Get Up Stand Up.mp3).

The error code was: MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN
The detailed message was: com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException -- Caused by: com.google.android.exoplayer2.upstream.HttpDataSource$InvalidResponseCodeException: Response code: 301.

If this happens on every track, please check your computer firewall settings or review our FAQ.
--------------
This does indeed happen on every track but there is no firewall blocking the traffic and everything is on the same network. The mp3 files have been used for years and play on every other device I have. I have read the FAQ and forums but don't see this exact problem mentioned anywhere. I can't see anything telling me exactly what this error means to give a clue as to a resolution.

All help appreciated.

Wallport
bizmodeller

Re: MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN Response code: 301

Post by bizmodeller »

We've implemented a fix for this already, please can you retry?

Also - can you let us know exactly what type (and generation) of Alexa device this is on?
MadDexter

Post by MadDexter »

I installed the Mymedia docker image bizmodeller/mymediaforalexa:latest on my QNAP 453a NAS with intel quad core .

The link to Mymedia container says it installed OK and I downloaded the 3 sample songs to Mymedia. When I say "Alexa open my media", it replies "Playing songs from mymedia collection" but nothing plays.

The Mymedia dashboard then shows errors for each song:

The error code was: MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN
The detailed message was: Setting up renderers for an unknown media type: UNDEFINED.

If this happens on every track, please check your computer firewall settings or review our FAQ.

If this is a port mapping problem I was wondering why the docker image did not include the correct port mapping?

Any help would be appreciated.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Yes this is highly likely to be because of docker NAT'ing or port mapping - have you looked at https://www.mymediaalexa.com/home/docker for more info?

Docker images declare what ports they use (which the My Media docker image does), but the responsibility for mapping a port is done at the time of instantiating the docker container where you need to tell Docker how you want the ports used within the docker container to be exposed to the host's networking stack. So you must pass through 52050 -> 52050 and 52051 -> 52051 for my Media to work properly,