Playlist problems

edgibson

Playlist problems

Post by edgibson »

So I've just installed My Media and run a scan on two folders and picked up around 4k songs
Problem is, I've picked up a bunch of playlist titles but no songs n any of them - tried a trigger rescan bit no joy
I can't delete the playlists and I can't get any tracks on them - so what next?
Given that i'm now trying to work around the crappy Amazon decision to scrap online storage this is hacking me off no end
Any help appreciated before I bin all my Amazon devices and go Google on them
bizmodeller

Re: Playlist problems

Post by bizmodeller »

If you go to the Watch Folder tab of the My Media web console, you should get a list of all your Watch Folders. On the right hand side of each Watch Folder there's a little notepad icon:
Screenshot 2018-12-18 at 20.15.52.png
Screenshot 2018-12-18 at 20.15.52.png (75.99 KiB) Viewed 8992 times
If you click this (circled in red in the screenshot above) you'll get a verbose log of the last index of that Watch Folder. This should include details about each playlist and what tracks were added / not added and the reasons why.

Oftentimes, you'll see a line saying "Invalid file format" - this is usually because you haven't enabled transcoding within the My Media settings tab. Alternatively, if the playlist tracks are importing but the playlists are empty, there may be an issue with relative paths within the playlists such that My Media can't locate the linked tracks.
Graci

Post by Graci »

My media can't find the song files, it says that the playlist is empty and if I remove the blanks in the song file names, it finds them. Is there a setting somewhere to set for blanks ?

'E:\Données\Musique\My_song.mp3' is found, but 'E:\Données\Musique\My song.mp3' is not.

Code: Select all

Processing playlist - E:\Données\Musique\Mylist.m3u
		Playlist Name: Mylist
		Playlist Trackcount: 2
		File not found: E:\Données\Musique\My%20Song.mp3
		Success: E:\Données\Musique\My_song.mp3
		Complete
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Ok thanks for the great info, looks like a bug.

We will fix hopefully today and update this thread when ready.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Can you possibly email us your test M3U playlist please to support [at] mymediaalexa.com - thanks