Duets not playing

airernie

Duets not playing

Post by airernie »

This is a re-post because my first attempt apparently didn't go though.

I noticed that if I ask My Media play music by an artist that only those tracks where the artist is the only one listed play. Any duets where the artist is listed don't get played.

For instance I have 52 files from Juice Newton albums, 32 are duets with other artists, the remaining 21, where she is a solo artist are the only ones that play.

Wondering if there is an alternative way to ask, that would play all 52.

It works okay for albums or all, not just a specific artist request.

Thanks,
Ernie
bizmodeller

Re: Duets not playing

Post by bizmodeller »

At the moment, you would need to specify the full duet artist name, eg "Alexa, ask My Media to play music by x and y"

This is because My Media will take the Alexa search and look for the best match within your library. We don't do a 'contains' search as this would lead to quite a lot of false positives.

We could add a nuance, something like "Alexa, ask My Media to play artists that include 'x'"

What do you think?
airernie

Post by airernie »

bizmodeller wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:22 am
We could add a nuance, something like "Alexa, ask My Media to play artists that include 'x'"

What do you think?
I think that's a great solution.
ramon2000

Post by ramon2000 »

I also think this is a good solution.

Until it is implemented, you can create playlists, e.g. a "Juice Newton" playlist (this is what I do).
airernie

Post by airernie »

ramon2000 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:46 am
I also think this is a good solution.

Until it is implemented, you can create playlists, e.g. a "Juice Newton" playlist (this is what I do).
Thanks..