Issues - Sonos One

Phillip

Issues - Sonos One

Post by Phillip »

Can you tell me whether the Sonos One (that has a built-in Alexa) can use MyMedia to play songs and playlists indexed from my iTunes library. I am presently using a Sonos Play:1 and even with the Sonos skill installed it will only play MyMedia songs and playlists through the Echo Dot (whose speaker is inferior to my Sonos Play:1. Any plans in this regard? P.S. After using your trial version for a day or so, I subscribed. It's a wonderful alternative to paid subscription services that may not have all of my iTunes songs (I am 80 years old with a lot of music from the 1940s and 1950s in my iTunes library). Thanks.
bizmodeller

Re: Issues

Post by bizmodeller »

As of today, the Sonos One "kind of" works with My Media due to incompatibilities in the way Sonos have implemented their Alexa audio player support.

Specifically, you can play media, playlists, albums, etc, from My Media, however:

1. You'll only hear a single track if you are using a family shared account instead of the main account
2. Previous/Next/Stop commands do not work successfully.

We're trying to work around [2], although to be fair, these are Sonos bugs which we have told them about but their Technical Support department isn't particularly helpful in providing feedback on whether they are going to resolve them.