localhost refused to connect.

PeterHA

localhost refused to connect.

Post by PeterHA »

I had everything working great but next day cannot connect and am getting this message 'localhost refused to connect.' No changes had been made to anything have been through set up process again but no joy. Some help would be appreciated. Thanks Peter
bizmodeller

Re: localhost refused to connect.

Post by bizmodeller »

This suggests the My Media background service isn't started. Are you running on Windows or Mac/Linux?

If Windows, please can you check that the My Media Windows Service is started by going to Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services and finding the My Media for Alexa service. Check whether it is started and if not, right click it and choose 'Start'
walemark

Post by walemark »

When the localhost refused to connect error message appears, it is likely because the port is not correctly configured. There are many situations that might trigger “This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect.” error in Chrome browsers . In general, the problem may happens for failing on DNS lookup . DNS is that network address that translates the website name to its internet address. Most often it causes for not getting the internet connection or misconfigured internet or network settings. Another reason could be the firewall preventing Google Chrome to load the webpage. However, other reasons, such as insufficient permissions or the Apache web server not running properly might also cause the error. In order to fix this “connection” error, there are a few simple steps that you could apply, such as:

Clear your browser cache.
Reset your IP address & flush the DNS cache.
Check proxy settings.
Disable your firewall.
slacker54

Post by slacker54 »

I'm getting the same error: localhost refused to connect. It's trying to reach the address http://localhost:52051/index.html

I was getting this yesterday and I deleted and reinstalled the app, it worked fine yesterday but after restarting the computer today I get the same error. I'm running macOS Ventura 13.2 on a Mac Studio with M1 Ultra processor
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 11.29.03 AM.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 11.29.03 AM.jpg (145.98 KiB) Viewed 4742 times