Subscription question - How does MyMedia define a single "Server"

barryW

Subscription question - How does MyMedia define a single "Server"

Post by barryW »

I want to purchase a subscription, but need to verify how the MyMedia service defines a "Server." I have a few different iTunes libraries on my computer, to permit playing random songs; while eliminating certain Genre's. For instance, all of my Classical / Instrumental music is contained in one Library, Specialized binaural music for relaxation is in another, while my standard music library (Alternative, Rock, etc) is contained in a third. (My iTunes library is mostly built upon a collection of about 1500 Compact Disks that I ripped to my computer, over several years. Automatic Genre categorization resulted in over a hundred minor variations; making it difficult to play a random shuffle that includes or excludes all of the music I want. This bulk segregation of music, into separate libraries, was my fix to shuffle music, without rock music suddenly being followed by Mozart or Beethoven & Vice Versa.)

If I want to link both my Classical Music Library and my main library to Mymediaalexa, does that require a subscription that includes 2 or more servers, or are all of my music libraries, from the same computer/hard drive, considered a single server? Thank you.
bizmodeller

Re: Subscription question - How does MyMedia define a single "Server"

Post by bizmodeller »

All music libraries on a single computer are a single server - a server is an installation of the My Media for Alexa daemon.

Please note, My Media can't currently index multiple iTunes libraries - it assumes, you only have single one. That's if you are indexing by pointing My Media to your iTunes Music Library.xml file. Instead, you can, of course, just add multiple Watch Folders at your different iTunes library folders, however, My Media won't import iTunes playlists in this case.

If there is sufficient support for multiple iTunes libraries on the same server (not a scenario we had considered to be honest) then we can implement this in an update