Overrides = "Your My Media Server is not connected"

J_T_W

Overrides = "Your My Media Server is not connected"

Post by J_T_W »

(I understand it is in beta :-) ) - If I add a simple Override = '[listen for] "Song::You Spin Me Round" && [override with] "Album::Youthquake;Artist:Dead or Alive;Song::You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)"' then ask Echo "ask My Media to play You Spin Me Round", response is "Your My Media Server is not connected". If I remove the Override and ask the same, it comes back with a track. How can I help?
bizmodeller

Re: Overrides = "Your My Media Server is not connected"

Post by bizmodeller »

Ok thanks - can you send us a copy of your zipped logs (Support tab / Download Logs button) shortly after you make the request with the "My Media Server is not connected" response. Also include the time and timezone of the error and we can trace it through. Please send by email to our support email address rathan than posting logs into the forum. Thanks for your help
J_T_W

Post by J_T_W »

Sent
J_T_W

Post by J_T_W »

More information on the behavior (as sometimes it says "not connected", other times no response or "cant find media").

I've narrowed the issue down to providing the override with an album, artist, and track name. Remove the album, and the override works. At first I thought it may be due to multiple albums having the same trigger word, but I removed that from the test to where I selected an album with a unique name.

This seems possibly similar to the other forum post "Request a song from a given album?": my purpose in the override is to play a very specific track from a specific album. As I've song names that are duplicated across multiple albums, without the album name the match is somewhat random and can be from different albums on repetitive calls. That was also the prompt for my other post about override syntax guide as if there is a way to manipulate the query string, it could make specific overrides easy to pinpoint.