My Media in stereo on pair of echo 2 speakers?

wallport

My Media in stereo on pair of echo 2 speakers?

Post by wallport »

Hi, I could have sworn that Stereo was working originally but now sound only comes from one speaker. Amazon Music (trial) works fine.

Please can this be fixed.

TIA

Wallport
wallport

Re: My Media in stereo on pair of echo 2 speakers?

Post by wallport »

Bump
wallport

Post by wallport »

Bump
smokey

Post by smokey »

I have to ask. If it was in stereo, then how did it know which Echo was on the left and which was on the right?
wallport

Post by wallport »

Surely it would pick that setting up in the same way that amazon music does. It's a system setting.

Wallport
agsteele

Post by agsteele »

My understanding is that this is an issue with all third-party apps. None support stereo or, for that matter, multi-room support.

This seems to be a daft situation but is not in the hands of the MyMedia app crew. We need to pester Amazon to release the necessary API to developers.

I saw a rumour somewhere that something was coming but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I suspect that you managed to get stereo working with stuff from Amazon Music and didn't realise it wasn't your MyMedia stream.

Andrew
hubcap

Post by hubcap »

Sorry to drag up an old thread.

I stopped using My Media due to the lack of stereo when using 2 echo's.

I thought I would give it another go and to my suprise I am now getting Stereo.

I have obviously missed something, when did this happen ?

Back to listening to my music with My Media, and loving it.....
agsteele

Post by agsteele »

The stereo stuff started working a month or so back and ws noted in othere threads. There is also a clumsy workaround for multi-room which seems to be much less reliable.

Andrew
hubcap

Post by hubcap »

agsteele wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:02 pm
The stereo stuff started working a month or so back and ws noted in othere threads. There is also a clumsy workaround for multi-room which seems to be much less reliable.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Yea I missed it because I gave up with My Media, came back to see if anything had changed.

Glad I did, its great to be able to hear my music in stereo.

tbh multi room does not concern me but I can see it would be desirable to many.
Powel

Post by Powel »

I have paired an Echo Dot 3rd gen and Echo dot 3rd gen with clock which will play Stereo but playback will eventually stop

Separately either Dot will play all day without issue. Wondering if the Dot have to be the exact same model ?
TerryB

Post by TerryB »

Is stereo supposed to be working now for paired speakers?
I upgraded to latest my media 1.3.122 and I have a stereo pair setup with a sub-woofer.
I am only getting sound from 1 speaker when I use the "My Media" to play local tunes but Spotify and Amazon Music are in stereo.
agsteele

Post by agsteele »

TerryB wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:42 pm
Is stereo supposed to be working now for paired speakers?
I upgraded to latest my media 1.3.122 and I have a stereo pair setup with a sub-woofer.
I am only getting sound from 1 speaker when I use the "My Media" to play local tunes but Spotify and Amazon Music are in stereo.
Yes, my understanding is that this is working for most folk these days. It was certainly working for me at the weekend. On 20 July I had an Email from Bizmodeller which, amongst other things said:
Whilst we're here, here are some of the cool things we've recently added to My Media for Alexa:

Support for Stereo Pairs and Subwoofers
Support for Apple Music app on Mac OS Catalina
Native support on QNAP x86-64 and ARM x41 NAS Devices
Leebobs

Post by Leebobs »

Hi I’m still not able to get the stereo pair working can anyone else confirm this is still a issue. Many thanks
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

nope - it's regressed for at least some users. We haven't made any changes ourside. This looks like an Amazon regression in a firmware update. Some users have confirmed it's just My Media affected as other services that aren't "first party" skills are also impacted.

We've raised a support ticket with Amazon and will share feedback
Powel

Post by Powel »

bizmodeller wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:46 pm
nope - it's regressed for at least some users. We haven't made any changes ourside. This looks like an Amazon regression in a firmware update. Some users have confirmed it's just My Media affected as other services that aren't "first party" skills are also impacted.

We've raised a support ticket with Amazon and will share feedback
Mine stopped working about 2 weeks ago
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

We've had users report that it stopped working and then started working again after a few days, so this may be subject to firmware versions updates.

Please can users post their firmware versions here identifying whether it is or isn't working so we can try to spot a trend?

thanks
Micky

Post by Micky »

Stereo/whole house worked fine until around the time my echo show updated. 21/07/2020

But on triple checking my settings on (Android phone) Amazon Alexa app.
Even though the speaker groups and preferred speaker settings were ok, I had to edit the room settings and re-add
the Echo's to the room again, this seems to have got lost when the firmware upgraded.

At the moment it is working on all my devices, the echo dots have various firmwares as below.

3926569348 21/07/2020 Echo show - Fire OS 6.5.3.9 (NS6539/2737) didn't work for 2 days, then worked after editing room settings.
3725204100 18/04/2020 Echo Show - Fire OS 6.5.3.7 (NS6537/2586) was working

3926570628 01/08/2020 Echo Dot Gen3 (about 8 devices on varying firmware)
3926570372 21/07/2020
3926569348 05/07/2020
3725204868 21/06/2020
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

ok thanks @Micky.

Based on this and feedback from other users, please can users who are having issues with this please try again? If it doesn't work, then please unlink then recreate your stereo pair in the Alexa app and try again as this has worked for users who have contacted us via email.
Powel

Post by Powel »

I get stereo pairing for random periods of playback. Unfortunately one speaker will drop off and then playback stops completely.
No issues for other streaming services and stereo pairing

I also have this issue with Multi room setup as well but as a single Mymedia plays without issue

Edit: Stereo pairing seems to be working again.
Last edited by Powel on Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CarsmileSmith

Post by CarsmileSmith »

"...please unlink then recreate your stereo pair in the Alexa app and try again as this has worked for users who have contacted us via email."

Just verifying that performing the above described "un-pair/re-pair" step in the Alexa app solved the problem for me. Thanks for the suggestion, "bizmodeller"! :D