Please help with Echo Link

mberry593

Please help with Echo Link

Post by mberry593 »

I have an Echo Plus 2nd generation and an Echo Link. The Plus and Link are in the same group. For background but probably irrelevant I am also using an Echo Connect and several plugs.
The Echo Plus accesses my iTunes library running on a Windows 10 PC through My Media just fine.
I have set the preferred loudspeaker to the Echo Link.
Streaming audio through the Tune In skill plays just fine through the Echo Link.

Here's the problem: The iTunes library via My Media ONLY plays on the Echo Plus, NOT the Echo Link. Even though the Link is the preferred loudspeaker. I have attempted to instruct Alexa to use the Link with no better results. "Alexa, ask My Media to play Santana by the Echo Link."

Have I done something wrong? Am I not using the proper command? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
bizmodeller

Re: Please help with Echo Link

Post by bizmodeller »

My Media doesn't currently support the Echo Link as Amazon's haven't enabled the necessary APIs to allow Third Party skills to stream to other speakers. As soon as Amazon support it, we'll endeavour to support it.
luser

Post by luser »

My Echo Dot plays through Echo Link Amp with no trouble with an exception of a "skip" command that comes back with "invalid playback token" error.
Is there a fix or workaround?
audio_inside

Post by audio_inside »

bizmodeller wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 pm
My Media doesn't currently support the Echo Link as Amazon's haven't enabled the necessary APIs to allow Third Party skills to stream to other speakers. As soon as Amazon support it, we'll endeavour to support it.
Although MyMedia playback is reliable on whichever Echo Dot responds to my command I've also been unsuccessful getting MyMedia to play back on other Alexa units or connected speakers - even singly, not in a multi-room audio setup.

Did this capability to play back on a different device ever get added to the API and to the MyMedia skill?
audio_inside

Post by audio_inside »

bizmodeller wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:45 pm
Although MyMedia playback is reliable on whichever Echo Dot responds to my command I've also been unsuccessful getting MyMedia to play back on other Alexa units or connected speakers - even singly, not in a multi-room audio setup.

Did this capability to play back on a different device ever get added to the API and to the MyMedia skill?