"Your MyMedia Server is not connected"

Slimat

"Your MyMedia Server is not connected"

Post by Slimat »

Hi

I am a new user and am having a problem which seems very similar to a few other posts I have seen on here... but I thought I would start a new thread as nobody else seems to be running the same environment as me.

My setup is "MyMedia For Alexa" running as a docker on my UnRAID NAS server... so the machine is not going to sleep, hibernating or being turned off.

Once installed it worked seamlessly and I instantly made the decision I would pay for it gladly... however it quickly stopped working with the error that MyMedia Server is not connected. I check on the server and the docker is running but when I try to connect to the WebGUI (192.168.x.x:52051) it doesnt find a page.

If I force the docker to restart, it all works fine for a few minutes and then works fine again.

As I only installed this yesterday, I havent had time to establist if there is a pattern which causes the failure - but thought I would feed this error back and see if there is anything anyone can suggest. Unfortunately if it keeps crashing like this then it wont be the solution for me to access my music media from my NAS via my Echo Dot.

BUT... when it works its amazing and I really want to adopt this... so, good job so far!

I have attached my most recent log in case this helps.

Thanks
Attachments
log.7z
(5.63 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Slimat

Re: "Your MyMedia Server is not connected"

Post by Slimat »

OK, a quick update... I just asked Alexa to "ask my media to play <song>"... It started playing the correct song - but from the WebGUI the "Now Playing" tab shows "There is currently no track playing."

If I click on Dashboard it shows 18634 songs, 1 Watch folder, 796 Albums, 4920 Artists. But if I click on any tab apart from Dashboard or now playing the screen doesnt update. When you click on the link it doesnt even try to change page at all - there is no 404, or hour glass!

When I try refreshing the page (F5) I get a prompt from the MyMedia WebGUI saying "Error. There was an error trying to access your My Media Server. Please verify that the My Media service/daemon is running or click here to download your My Media log files. Click OK to try connecting again."

If I click the download logs, it tryies to connect to 192.168.x.x:52051/logs - but you just get a timeout error and no page.

If you click the "OK" option you get taken to a page saying "My Media for Alexa - Loading My Media for Alexa - www.mymediaalexa.com" with a pulsing circle in the middle - but the page never loads.

Now, when you try to connect to the WebGUI the page is not there... just the same error page as above after F5!

So, after a trip to my UnRAID Docker Containers admin page, and forcing MyMediaForAlexa to stop and restart... its all working again for a few minutes!

I was determined to get this working reliably - so have a work around... incase anyone else finds themselves here with the same problem... what I have done is created a Windows 7 VM on my UnRAID server and then installed the Windows 64bit version of MyMediaForAlexa - and its been up and running reliably for a day now :-) But I would still like to get the docker working propely as it will need a fraction of the resources of a whole VM to run it.

Thanks in advance.
kricker

Re: "Your MyMedia Server is not connected"

Post by kricker »

I am also running MyMedia as a docker in UnRaid. I had similar issues in the past. I'd ask Echo to open MyMedia and I would get that it wasn't running. It would happen randomly. Usually if I asked a second time it would work. Other times I would try to open the MyMedia webGUI and it would not respond. Mine all seem to be memory related. Seems all my dockers were needing more RAM than I had so UnRaid would start shutting things down. Once I added more RAM to my UnRaid system I no longer have any issues.