Odd issue when asking to play a specific artist

jz1276

Odd issue when asking to play a specific artist

Post by jz1276 »

"Alexa, ask My Media to play the album The Downward Spiral", it will play.
"Alexa, ask My Media to play the album The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails" - "Your My Media Server is not connected"
Or...
"Alexa, ask My Media to play the song Something I Can Never Have by Nine Inch Nails" - "Your My Media Server is not connected"
"Alexa, ask My Media to play the song Something I Can Never Have", it will play.

So, basically, tracks by Nine Inch Nails do play, but ONLY when I DON'T mention the actual band's name.
agsteele

Re: Odd issue when asking to play a specific artist

Post by agsteele »

How did you obtain thes albums by Nine Inch Nails? I think you might suffer this problem if the albums/songs do not have the band name correctly stored inside the mp3 tags... If the source of the albums did not tag the band name or called the band something else such '9" Nails' it is possible that My Media cannot locate the album on the server.

The pinned answer for this issue suggests that the server holding the particular albums is off, disconnected or otherwise unavailable but that isn't the case since you can play as long as you don't mention the band name.
Lozzy_uk

Post by Lozzy_uk »

I'm getting this behaviour also
Nuvera

Post by Nuvera »

I had this problem as well. I downgraded from version 122 to 120 software and it seems to work ok now.
jz1276

Post by jz1276 »

Really isnt a big deal as it only happens with this one specific artist. Maybe it'll be fixed in the next version.
ramon2000

Post by ramon2000 »

There have been no updates/news/posts in this forum for a long time, and I think that they have "disconnected" from My Media!

Let's see.