Control Play Queue From Mobile / PC

Squabsy

Control Play Queue From Mobile / PC

Post by Squabsy »

I would like to be able to add / remove songs / playlists from the play queue from my mobile phone or the PC running mymedia server to complememt the usual voice control.

Ideally also would like to stream mymedia to my mobile / smart tv as well as to alexa

otherwise this still remains the best/lightest app I've found for playing my own music through Alexa ....love it
Lozzy_uk

Re: Control Play Queue From Mobile / PC

Post by Lozzy_uk »

Squabsy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:09 pm
Ideally also would like to stream mymedia to my mobile / smart tv as well as to alexa

Hi Squabsy, you can stream to your mobile already - I do it in my car a lot.
Install the Alexa app, and hit the speech bubble then say what you say to Alexa to get MyMedia playing.

regards
Squabsy

Post by Squabsy »

Hi Lozzy ,
Thanks thats good to know I will try that.
Would still also like a visual view of play queue and ability to edit from phone/pc screen
Cheers
Lozzy_uk

Post by Lozzy_uk »

Squabsy wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:40 am
Would still also like a visual view of play queue and ability to edit from phone/pc screen
That would be nice. Weirdly I get the cover artwork when MyMedia starts for the first song only on the phone, yet the car's bluetooth screen does show each track's details (just no artwork as it's over bluetooth I guess)
rollieg

Post by rollieg »

Would be great to initiate music / change music queue from mobile/PC (along with using voice commands) - never seems to get many of my commands understood when the playlist /album / singer name is long / complex/similar
Squabsy

Post by Squabsy »

rollieg wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:54 am
Would be great to initiate music / change music queue from mobile/PC (along with using voice commands) - never seems to get many of my commands understood when the playlist /album / singer name is long / complex/similar
YES !!!! thats exactly what I'd like to do
cactus-online

Post by cactus-online »

Possbility of selecting of albums, titles etc. is urgently necessary. Voice recognition fails often especially for german songs, album names and/or artists.
soundog

Post by soundog »

An app to control playback would be great to have. I'd love to be able to see the tracks in the queue, skip through them as needed, and see cover art.
JoeyMedia

Post by JoeyMedia »

An app to control playback would be great to have. With Alexa it is often very heavy to select your playlist. Often Alexa starts with "all", not with my required playlist. :cry:
Also I'd like to be able to see the tracks in the queue, skip through them as needed, and see cover art.
Please. send me your feedback!