Feature plan for 2023

andrew

Feature plan for 2023

Post by andrew »

Hi Edward

First let me say I have been enjoying your product since Christmas and find it works very well. However I’m new to Alexa, so have a lot to learn.

It would be great if we could skip the “ask MyMedia” bit, and set My media as the default skill provider.

My general question is about the future, what features do you plan to add? Is the product still being actively developed?

Thanks
Andrew
bizmodeller

Re: Feature plan for 2023

Post by bizmodeller »

Unfortunately we're limited to what Amazon supports. We are a normal skill rather than a music programme skill therefore we cannot be set as a default music service. Due to the technical constraints we're using to play local media, I don't see an easy way to repackage My Media as a music service because Alexa music services expect a single known catalog whereas My Media's music catalog is distinct per user which doesn't fit Amazon's programming model. But we'll continue to look for options here....
bwims

Re: Feature plan for 2023

Post by bwims »

bizmodeller wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:31 am
Unfortunately we're limited to what Amazon supports. We are a normal skill rather than a music programme skill therefore we cannot be set as a default music service. Due to the technical constraints we're using to play local media, I don't see an easy way to repackage My Media as a music service because Alexa music services expect a single known catalog whereas My Media's music catalog is distinct per user which doesn't fit Amazon's programming model. But we'll continue to look for options here....
WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PROMISE?

[email protected]
Sat, 13 Nov 2021, 11:49

Apologies for the delay.

This functionality is already on our near roadmap to implement.

We will support:

Alexa, ask my media to skip x tracks (forward / backwards)

Alexa, ask my media to skip to track x

Would this work for you?

Thanks

Ed

My Media for Alexa
Local media library streaming for Amazon Alexa
www.mymediaalexa.com | @mymediaalexa