Ignore Videos and Trimming Messages?

rcrawley

Ignore Videos and Trimming Messages?

Post by rcrawley »

MyMedia Team,

I have two feature requests (or maybe questions) regarding the Messages window in the GUI: Every time MyMedia rescans my media folder (I'm just indexing my iTunes folder), the result which appears in the web GUI is a bit busy.
  • Is there any reason to show the success "tracks eg:" list every time? For me it's always the exact same tracks and has been since the first index. I would love to not see a list of successful tracks at all; if MyMedia successfully indexed 35,197 tracks then I'm OK trusting that those tracks were really in my indexed folder and I don't need to see a sampling of them. :D Could a new feature be to display summary, maybe info-level, or debug-level output in the GUI?
  • Is there a way to tell MyMedia to skip video files and not try to index them? I receive the same list of videos listed as invalid file format on every re-scan. I have a few videos that have come with CDs and such (Beatles Black Box mini-docos, for example) and there's no reason for MyMedia to index them IMO.
Let me know if you would like screen shots or snippets from logs (cleansed and trimmed). Thanks!
bizmodeller

Re: Ignore Videos and Trimming Messages?

Post by bizmodeller »

Hiya

thanks for the feedback. We introduced the verbose output because quite a few users were getting confused about what was indexing and what wasn't indexing. Accept it's probably a bit too much! Is it the popups that are most annoying? We could also introduce an option to not show popups for indexing issues.

Re video files - yeah we should exclude these and will fix in an update shortly.
apollon77

Post by apollon77 »

For me the poups (and the number of them) are sometimes really annoying ... maybe supress them for a complete rescan and only show a summary popup at the end of the scan? I'm not sure for what the popups are/will still be used becaide "scan results", so completely disabling them is the question what would be missed :-)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Would it be possible to have an option to play audio of video files only?
I have a couple of TV serials that can be listened to.
So it would be nice to have something like "alexa ask mymedia to play (serie) XY, episode 1, season 2" or just having put all these video files into a playlist would be fine too.

As conslusion: having an option to decide to play audio from videos or skip videos would be nice.