video...need i say more?

lbvagrant

video...need i say more?

Post by lbvagrant »

is there any work on streaming video to the show and the spot?

i have a large collection of music videos and cartoons that would be great on these devices...

i currently use a system called subsonic to stream to all my other devices but there is no way to use the web browser to view the videos, and we cant install the android app that also works the subsonic server i run...

so either integration with that or separate video support would be a great idea.
I didn't do it... I was in Vegas that weekend - I swear. :twisted:
bizmodeller

Re: video...need i say more?

Post by bizmodeller »

ok - so you want to stream the video via the My Media web console rather than to a video enabled Alexa device such as a Spot/Show?

Don't know if this will be of interest but we have another product iHomeServer that runs iTunes as a service and allows streaming of iTunes media (including videos) to a web console - check out http://www.bizmodeller.com/iHomeServer

We may bring local streaming support to the web interface of the My Media web console if there is sufficient demand
lbvagrant

Post by lbvagrant »

no - i have no issues streaming video to any other device BUT the show / spot.
i had to use your prog/server to play my music collection on the echos while i have a seperate server "subsonic" for windows android and iapds.
my issue is i also have a large number of movies and cartoons and such that would be great to stream as well as the music...
i can already do this via the subsonic to all other devices... thats why i was wondering if you planned on adding video to your "my media" server so we can stream our videos to it just like the music...video is media right? :D

thnx for the work done so far
I didn't do it... I was in Vegas that weekend - I swear. :twisted:
demichve

Post by demichve »

I want to support this feature as well.
More and more people will have an Echo with display and want to stream their videos.