save the playlist you are listening to

dormaj

save the playlist you are listening to

Post by dormaj »

I would like to save a MyMedia generated playlist currently in process e.g. "Alexa ask MyMedia to save this playlist as XYZ". Then play a web stream or album, then return to the playlist with "Alexa ask MyMedia to play the XYZ playlist".
bizmodeller

Re: save the playlist you are listening to

Post by bizmodeller »

Do you mean you want My Media to save the position within the playlist so you can resume the playlist from where you left off?

If so, we implement this for Audio Books already, but could add an extra voice command saying "Alexa, ask My Media to resume my xxxx playlist"

Does this work for you?
sheridantony

Post by sheridantony »

Hi @bizmodeller, this is a feature I am hoping has now been implemented and I just haven't been able to activate it yet?

I have just cancelled my Amazon Prime Music Unlimited subscription to stick with My Media, and this is the only small issue I am having. As an example, when I ask to play my 'Rock' playlist, the playlist starts from the first track every time. One of my playlists has over 3000 songs in it, I would greatly appreciate the ability to resume from where I left off! :)
dormaj

Post by dormaj »

bizmodeler, I want to save a MyMedia generated playlist (e.g. 'Alexa ask MyMedia to play favorite albums playlist' generates a list of 500 tracks from the over 700 albums). I'm at song number 105 of the playlist and I really want to hear the next 4 tunes, but I have to reboot for a Windows update. Or I get a blue screen of death. And the playlist is gone forever. I want to save the playlist MyMedia generated so that I can resume playing it after rebooting. This would be very handy if I ask to play 'music by Jimi Hendrix' (which creates a playlist of over 400 songs) as well.
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

hmm - it's technically possible but trying to understand the motivation as the 500 tracks it chooses is purely a random selection and therefore what would we call it? Everytime you open My Media it will choose another 500 tracks to queue. Just not sure how often people want want the 500 tracks to be persisted and I'd be a bit nervous adding confusion to the user journey here.....