Support for Amazon Alexa app

airernie

Support for Amazon Alexa app

Post by airernie »

I have the Amazon Alexa app installed on my Galaxy J3. If I use the app to ask My Media to play something, I get a visual message on the phone showing the item is playing and My Media server shows it playing. However, I don't get any sound from my Galaxy speaker.

I realize that the app isn't listed as being supported, but was hoping getting volume would be fixable.

Thanks,
Ernest Pergrem
bizmodeller

Re: Support for Amazon Alexa app

Post by bizmodeller »

Try again now - we made some changes which may make this work.... let us know.
richaardvark

Post by richaardvark »

I realize this app is also not likely supported, but this isn't working either from the Alexa for PC app:

Alexa responds: "Playing songs from your My Media Collection" and shows she is playing My Media, but there is silence...
airernie

Post by airernie »

bizmodeller wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:06 pm
Try again now - we made some changes which may make this work.... let us know.
Thanks, just tried it and received the following message;

"Your Alexa device reported an error streaming the current track (M:\Lovin' Spoonful\Summer In The City\08 Darling Be Home Soon.mp3). The error code was: MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN

The detailed message was: com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException -- Caused by: com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.UnrecognizedInputFormatException: None of the available extractors (MatroskaExtractor, FragmentedMp4Extractor, Mp4Extractor, Mp3Extractor, AdtsExtractor, Ac3Extractor, TsExtractor, FlvExtractor, OggExtractor, PsExtractor, WavExtractor) could read the stream.."

I have four My Media exceptions in the Windows Firewall. Two for Web Console (Ports 52051 TCP) and two for Web Streaming (Port 52050 TCP).

Thanks,
Ernie
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Ok, we've tested with the iOS Alexa app and streaming is working fine.

We'll check with the Windows app and Android apps shortly and report back...
ramon2000

Post by ramon2000 »

airernie wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:22 am
The detailed message was: com.google.android.exoplayer2.ExoPlaybackException -- Caused by: com.google.android.exoplayer2.source.UnrecognizedInputFormatException: None of the available extractors (MatroskaExtractor, FragmentedMp4Extractor, Mp4Extractor, Mp3Extractor, AdtsExtractor, Ac3Extractor, TsExtractor, FlvExtractor, OggExtractor, PsExtractor, WavExtractor) could read the stream.."
I have the same error in my Android phone.
dabdaworm

Post by dabdaworm »

Is there any update on getting the Android Alexa app working? I use Echo Auto (which leverages the Android Alexa app) and I would love to be able to stream my media in the car.
Lozzy_uk

Post by Lozzy_uk »

bizmodeller wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:41 am
We'll check with the Windows app and Android apps shortly and report back...
Hi, just for the record, I use the Android Alexa app successfully in my car - using a Huawei Honor 8 handset (FRD-L09) on Android 7.0
The only odd thing is that I get the first artwork picture when it plays the first track, but no further ones..

thanks, Lozzy