Alexa Routine

jhussain7262

Alexa Routine

Post by jhussain7262 »

Hello!

I have setup my media on pi and it works very good.
I have two songs in my music folder.
I have setup a routine in Alexa to play the music at certain time of the day and it works.
What I want to is to use routine in Alexa to play a selected song at certain time,
say at morning song one and in the evening song to.

I do not see this section when I setup the Alexa routine. Mymedia plays both songs.
This will be good one to select songs at different times with Alexa Routine.

Please help.

Thanks.
bizmodeller

Re: Alexa Routine

Post by bizmodeller »

We're working on adding functionality that will let you choose which playlist is played when you open the My Media skill by default. At the moment it plays all tracks; but we'll add an option where you can choose a sepcific playlist instead. This will improve the experience with Alexa Routines as the Route will open the skill and play the playlist you chose.

Does this work for you?
bakerratface

Post by bakerratface »

I think that's a very good idea. would it be possible to play different music depending on which device makes requests or which Routine is run?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

Don't think we would get any data from the routine itself. However we would get a device id, so it could be made device specific in the user experience doesn't get too clumsy ....
jhussain7262

Post by jhussain7262 »

bizmodeller wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:14 am
We're working on adding functionality that will let you choose which playlist is played when you open the My Media skill by default. At the moment it plays all tracks; but we'll add an option where you can choose a sepcific playlist instead. This will improve the experience with Alexa Routines as the Route will open the skill and play the playlist you chose.

Does this work for you?

Thanks. That is what I am looking after.

Now the question is when all this will happen? I mean when this new feature will be available.

Thanks.
amoyer3677

Post by amoyer3677 »

I am interested in the same functionality.

When do you think we can get a "default" playlist when My Media opens?
Bob

Post by Bob »

This is a great app, however I am also very interested in a feature where a default album will de played when MyMedia starts.
When is it likely to be available?
bizmodeller

Post by bizmodeller »

This feature is now available for pre-release using this version:

Windows: https://bizmodeller.s3.amazonaws.com/My ... 64-bit.msi
Mac OS: https://bizmodeller.s3.amazonaws.com/My ... .131.0.dmg
PI: https://bizmodeller.s3.amazonaws.com/My ... _armhf.deb

If you want to test on under builds please reply here.
Go to settings and set default playlist,
Micky

Post by Micky »

Just tried it.
downloaded it to /tmp folder
loaded it on Rpi with. sudo apt-get install ./mymedia_1.3.131.0-1_armhf.deb
it works.
'Alexa open mymedia'
it plays my favourites.

If bizmodeller are watching, can you look at why folder.jpg files are ignored when playing on echo shows !
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

I just signed up to ask for this very feature :-)

The Mac version works great!
Last edited by SteveC on Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

I have also tried the Windows beta version and that works fine too.
piconut

Post by piconut »

First of all, let me say thank you for making this change and offering it as a beta test. I have it up and running on my Win 10 server and it works perfectly. I use it in an Alexa routine to automatically play a white noise audio clip when I go to bed. I've been wanting to be able to automatically play a specific song (or audio clip) from an Alexa routine for a while now.

Also, in case it matters I have a license for two servers and I have successfully tested it on both.

Scott from Austin, TX
mwilliams6275

Post by mwilliams6275 »

I was looking how to get My Media to play something specific when launched from an Alexa Routine, and I found this thread. After updating the My Media software on my Windows PC, I was able to use this "feature". Very nice. However, I would ask that a couple things be done. On the "Settings" page where I select the playlist I want to have as a default, there is an option to toggle on/off "shuffle". Please add another for the "looping" option. I want to launch a playlist, and let it run continuously, but in order, not shuffled. And then I would suggest that this capability, if not now, at some point, be added to the list of items on the "My Media for Amazon Alexa" webpage's "More" list.

Thank you.