Can I manually Rename an Album or the songs in the Folder?

Musicman50

Can I manually Rename an Album or the songs in the Folder?

Post by Musicman50 »

Still hoping to get some help on this.

I have maybe a thousand or more of some amazing and rare Digital Albums given to me on a hard drive from a friend that downloaded them years ago (Remember those days.LOL)
Here's the details..

1. They are all in High Quality FLAC (I Resolved this with the ffmpeg encoder)
2. They are in what I might say "None Standard Format" the Folder may say "Eagles - The Best of - Lossless Format 1971-1990 High Quality" ** Not Normal **
3. The songs in the folder are for the most part in "Normal Format ( 1. Hotel California - Eagles - Time - size), However I do not know if they are ? They work fine in another PC Audio Player
4. The Refresh/scan function, will find most of the songs, But the Albums, not usually correct, and sometimes, many songs from different albums in the Album.

Question: Can I rename the Album Folder to a correct name? And if needed the song titles ?

So I can spend Hours playing around, but there most be a logical way to fix things. I can rename the folders, and fix the song titles, but doesn't seems to fix it?

Any Suggestions, Thank you so much.. SO far Loving this Excellent program..
bizmodeller

Re: Can I manually Rename an Album or the songs in the Folder?

Post by bizmodeller »

Thanks for the post.

For clarity - My Media does not use the file folder name at all, for anything. It is not considered 'good' metadata given the permutations of encoding album/track/artist combinations. We use filename as a last resort for the track name unless one is provided in the ID3 metadata.

... which is the best and accurate way of tagging your files. We use the embedded MP3 (or FLAC) ID3 metadata to extract album, artist, track, etc. Therefore if you use any tool to fix the tagging of the tracks, My Media will reflect this on the next rescan. We don't provide tools for editing these tags within the app as there are hundreds of great tools out there already; or you can even use Mac OS Finder or WIndows Explorer to update the Album field.